Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sweep shims

Have new synthetic decks installed on 3 lanes due to water damage recently. (wish we never bothered, should have injected and sanded )
    Have noticed on one lane the sweep rubs against the side of the pin deck. Not good. Tried adding shims to push the sweep bar across, but couldnt get enough clearance so lifted up catwalk. Found that where the sweep is mounted onto the machine frame, several c washers had been added on one side to push the sweep arm closer to the pin deck. This must have been done by the installers or manufactures i guess to compensate for a problem. So removed the shims, but the piston bolt inevetably caught on the machine frame badly. To compensate for this I reversed the bolt so the nut would be on the inside and the thin flat head on the outside, thus not catching the machine. This in turn has given enough clearance so the sweep doesnt catch the pin deck.
    Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Re: sweep shims

Good job.

Comment

the other fix is to redrill the sweep front and put a plate to reposition it. There is no actual side to side adjustment.the c washers were probably added to stop the sweep top arm rubbing on the machine frame when it runs through to the 7-10 line.try running it to ensure it is still clear.
      nice fix though.
      maister.

Comment

Alastair,

It is common for mechanics to shim the sweep saddle blocks to correct a sweep that is hitting the frame or table, or rubbing the pindeck. Sound like someone put a bolt in backwards and shimmed to keep the bolt from hitting the frame.

Another problem could be the side to side positioning of the machine, a quick check of this can be done as follows.

Mark a pencil line front to rear on the pindeck throught the 1 pin and 5 pin centerline.

Put the table at BDC in a spotting mode without pins.

Hang a plumb bob fron the center of the 1 pin butt plate in the bin and see where it lines up with the pencil line on the pindeck, then do the same from the 5 pin.

This will give you a good idea if the machine is too far left or right of center in relation to he pindeck.

If you install the newer 82-90 style sweep mounts the holes for the sweep board are slotted and provide a little side to side adjustment of the sweep bar. I have extended the slots on some machine to provide greater adjustment.

John
        Please.....follow the instructions!!

John
        804-240-4982

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
        1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
        First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
        our technician is working full time on another...
        Working...
        X