Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c90 safety switch

hi,this is just a small question,on our c90`s,we have a butterfly saftey switch,a lot of the kids who come into the centre tend to play with this switch,which cuts the power to the c90,the bowlers we tend to get in our centre are not too clever,and tend to bowl all the balls on the ball return rack,untill they have none left,before informing someone of the problem,which leaves me with a 10-15 ball underlane jam!.
    is it possible to wire the c90 safety switch to the chasis so that the machine cuts off when the safety switch is operated.
    iam using 82-90`s with 82-90`s 1st generation chasis.
    thanks

Re: c90 safety switch

This sounds intresting, I will ask out engineering staff to see if it is possible.

That is easiy possible! Without a bunch of wiring changes.

Could save a bunch of ball fishing!

John
    Please.....follow the instructions!!

John
    804-240-4982

Comment

thanks,any help on this subject would come in good use.

Comment

Yeah, i would be interested in doing this too. good idea mate.

Ste.
        Ste.

Comment

You could probably wire the swith in series with the masking switch. You could try it with a wire over the lane to check it real easy. All of the wire you would need if it will work is probably between the kick backs anyway.

Comment

Fantastic Idea.

Comment

Hi mate, im all up for wiring changes in centre being the spark, but you are forgetting one important thing.....
              (im a 30's man but i presume the ball still gets lifted high then comes down a chute on a 90)

The ball is at top of the PBL return ramp as the customer opens the ball return, the switch turns off the back end chassis and hence the lane, but the ball has momentum and comes down the chute, all looks great for 5 seconds then a ball shoots out the C90 and WHACK......
              just a thought........
              If Wile E coyote has enough money to by all that Acme crap why doesnt he buy his dinner?

Comment

Gadget,

The problem with the C90 is when the switch is deactivated by a customer the front end stops, as you'd expect. When customers continue to bowl te balls actually jam in the C90. It would probably be imposible for a ball to be forced out by customers bowling when the c90 has been switched off. What Everton Fc is wants is someway to turn a pair of lanes off when the safety switch is activated. Even if the backend continues for 90 seconds, it will still limit the number of ball that reach the C90.

Comment

I don’t think I would run a switch in series or parallel to the mask switch since most c-90s have their own voltage source separate from the machine.

If I were to try and turn the machine off from the safety switch, I would use a relay powered thru the safety switch circuit and then use the contacts to break the mask circuit.

Another alternative would to install a very loud alarm to embarrass the heck out of them when the flip the lever.

Triac

Comment

it was just an idea,seems a bit too complicated really,think ill stick to the usual method,taking the capping up!,or limit the bowlers to one ball each!!

Comment

Its not that complicated really, as triac states, a relay off the safety switch that interupts the power to the chassis.
                      I dont know much about 70 or 90 chassis logic as i've had to deal with steppers and such, but i'm sure you have some sort of BLACKOUT switch on the machine???? I have 2 limit switches on the table that when activate connect a pin in the chassis to ground and blackout the lane.
                      You could run a single wire to this pin and connect it to one side of the C90 switch and connect the other side to ground. Lift the flap and voila instant lane off!!!!!!
                      Hmmmm i did know what he wanted, i have the same ball return, cant say that i get many underlanes from this happening though. I was just bringing up the old health and safety spiel.
                      kev
                      If Wile E coyote has enough money to by all that Acme crap why doesnt he buy his dinner?

Comment

ANd how could i forget, well done Gerrard and Garcia!!!!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Sorry mate, couldnt resist, been a lifelong fan of the reds, only just noticed your name, ooopps.
                        Hope you sort out your lane probs

Comment

well,...,yes,lets see at the end of the season!!!
                          iam going to have a go at wiring it up today,so ill let you know.
                          thanks

Comment

Gadget,
                            Maybe your FOH team are better at their jobs !

Actually there's no maybe about it they are. I just has a look at ours, nobody's can be worse !

So your a red are you ? Play the big whites next don't you. Were only just behind you chasing that elusive european place.

Comment

well,if you look at the league table,you both are behind the mighty blues!!!!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X