Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sweep mystery

my lane 6 has a strange problem. every once in a while, like 2x a month, the sweep will come to guard, run through, and while coming back to guard, will stop just short of guard, and stop. all i have to do is touch sweep run switch and it will clear itself. dont have to hold it down, just press it quickly. i am thinking the cam switch pack probably, but before i do that i just want to get your opinions. thanks for any replies.
    Don't mind me, what you read is invisible.

Re: sweep mystery

Sweep crank or shaft loose, double switching SA.
    So it goes.

Comment

Sweep coasting backwards at 270. National or Westinghouse gearboxes?..Feliz Dia.

Comment

I'm thinking cams. Adj needed or bad switch(es) in the cam banks
        All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

I've seens a very similar problem to that... it was caused by a combination of slightly misadjusted switch/cam settings, and excessive play in the sweep drive / gearbox.

Checking for gearbox play, shaft play, and drift is pretty easy on the sweep... shut off the machine, put in the crank, and give it a push to start the sweep moving down... the sweep should stop moving or move very slowly. If it starts 'running away' toward the deck, you may have a drifting problem... Next, crank the sweep to the #1 pin area. Continue to crank the sweep slowly to the 2 and stop. Turn the crank slowly in the opposite direction. The sweep should start to move almost immediately... if you have to turn the crank a half turn or more before the sweep actually moves, you have a lot of slack that can cause problems with where the sweep stops and starts.

If that's not a problem, get out your cam gauge and check the switch adjustments. Look for worn spots on the cam followers, bad alignment between the cam followers and the cams, or weak follower springs (pull on each follower a bit... they should pull back firmly)

If nothing is found there, replace the 3 sweep cam switches to rule out a worn or marginal switch problem, then go through your sweep cam adjustments again.

Intermittent problems can be a bugger to dig out. Good luck
          <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Sounds like SA has a bad switch or a burr on the cam. Is the table moving during this process and if so does it interlock?
            Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

no it does not interlock. the sweep clears just enough to allow the table to continue to run to respot. thanks for all suggestions, im heading into work now.

Comment

SA is most likely going out or the burr on the cam.
                Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

I'm with you Mike - my money is on a burr or little bit of crap on the SA cam.

Ray
                  Ray Jordan
                  Cybernetic Solutions/tenpintec
                  Australia

Comment

I would put my money on the gearbox,but I dont have any money.Feliz Dia.

Comment

mefix.. to answer your earlier "Q" i have mostly westies. i am lucky enough to have 3 ge"s in service. (god i wish i could get my hands on more) but i have no drifting at all. shaft is solid as a rock. i didnt get a chance to change SA today for i had a pit to pull. when i pull a pit, thats enough for the day. brand new VANTAGE PREMIUM BABY! oh im sorry for that... just got excited that because i put a REAL carpet in, i wont have to pull it again for 4 or 5 years.

Comment

My money is also on the SA micro-switch.

You only expect 4 or 5 years out of a carpet? If I cant get at least 10 years out of a carpet I get pissed. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

We got 10 on a few of the old AMF gold carpets we had (still a few remaining). And we're pretty high linage, so 10 years on a carpet is pretty dang good. Had one go today, on an end lane no less. Joy, lotta fun wrestling the rear roller around when the machines are recessed into the cement floor and ya got maybe 8 inches that you can slide it out. But after some grunting, sweating and swearing all is well [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
                          All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

no clutch plate, i do expect more out of the carpet. its just everything else that goes bad in there that ya gotta yank it again.

Comment

i go with the cams, either the switches sticking or springs weak . try setting up cams first.
                              maister

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X