Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing table wires

Hello,

I have some zot chassis and I know I can remove the table cable and respot cell wires. What all do I need to do to accomplish this? I have to deal with the gripper protection. I do not quite understand what all needs to happen.

These lanes are in a house residential that is, and they can only be turned on with the scoring for safety reasons so they will always be tied to the scoring.

Any help would be appreciated. I would love to get rid of all those wires!

Pat

Re: removing table wires

Removing the wires is quite simple, just toss them out. The gripper protection switch stays, for the safety of your grippers. I would never remove the wires myself, if the computerscore is down you can't bowl at all.

Comment

just rip em out if there! and IMHO, the gripper protection switch is useless i removed all of mine.
      Don't mind me, what you read is invisible.

Comment

Wires had been gone for years before I got there, pulled switches last fall to clean up tables.
        There is also no use for the connecting aluminum wireway in front, by removing it also loosens up fingers for smoother operation.
        In the process of modifying our tables now to a sleeker, smoother running piece of equipment.
        Currently pondering making our own cell connectors so as to reverse carb link balls for even more enhanced operation.
        The aluminum wireways are light, but bulky, and I think I can fab some light-weight angle pieces to work much better and give a much cleaner look to the table?
        It's been awhile but I have much more to share!!!

Comment

Pat, for equiptment safety reasons, take a jumper and jump the gripper protection switch at the TAC board. The terminals that say SW are the two you want to connect.

Also, on the TAC board, jump any of the cell terminals 1-10 to the ground that is on the TAC board, this will tell the chassis to go through a complete respot cycle if the machine is cycled from the back.
          Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

Theres One thing that may have been overlooked here.Make sure the scorers are interfacing correctly before you pull the wires or you'll have one heck of a mess on you hands. I know this sounds redundant but some people think that because the have the scoring that the machines will interface. That is true only if the aps is hooked up.
            They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

Pat, what type of scoring do you have? As long as the scoring is initiating a strike cycle and a respot cycle then you will be fine.

Make sure as Dustin suggests that the scoring is going through the APS then hook up your TAC board the way I had said.

Then, feel free to remove the table wiring. Start at the TAC and remove the wires going into the Table cable, hook up your jumpers, then remove that crap off of the table.
              Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

Some scoring/chassis combination will override the grounded respot wire, others won't.

(I believe new 82-90XL's don't have GP)
                This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

The GPS was dropped from 82-90XLs around '93.

Comment

dewbowler: To further clean up the tables, I bought 3/4" aluminum angle instead of the AMF 1" ones, except for the 1-2-4-7 link. That one, as you probably know, bends if the table spots a set of pins while there are minerous pins in the grippers. This can happen if, because of a respot malfunction, the table fails to release the pins during first ball cycle, and then the bowler cycles the machine. For that link, I stayed with one inch, but in galvanized steel. I purchased the material from McMaster-Carr Supply.

I also raised the links by making my own pins that connect the links to the boomerangs and the rear levers. This brought the links to about 1" above the cell yoke plates! (Easier than he_ _ to replace any cell.) The ball studs are mounted to the top side of the cell levers, which puts them parallel to the table instead of at an angle. The optimal length of the carb links, ball-to-ball changes from 3-1/16 to 3". And, yes, the pins still clear the links when spotting.

One other suggestion for the respot system: try installing the respot connecting link on the underside of the boomerangs. This allows you to replace a broken boomerang more easily, without having to remove all 4 X-washers and the connecting link. It also protects the link fron getting bent by that stray pin falling through the bin.

Comment

if you know you can remove the table wiring and scoring still works.Follow Mike Stalkers instructions,he is spot on.As dewbowler says there are new connecting bars if you want to buy or make up for the cell links. but once the wiring is removed they work a lot freer and you should not need to replace them.
                      maister

Comment

splice both gripper protection switch wires at the top trminal board and remove it ,its not really needed

Comment

we are on Qubica Bowland with c-series '70s, we pulled all the table cables, GP switch and all, simply bridged one cell cable to ground in the trunking so that the machine dosent do strike cycles unless told to by the scoring, all the short cycling and strike cycles are handled by the scoring system, and in all honesty, it is extremley reliable!
                          Want your old pins collecting anywhere in the UK? email me on jezsmith@aol.com

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Ball Returns Shorted Out?

Ok, I just had one of my company's centers in Florida reach out for help with this issue, and I wasn't able to help them over our chat, so I'm hoping you guys can help shed some...

Trip rocker arm

What causes the trip rocker arm to not line up with the trip rod? Carriage tubing is not bent and all eccentrics are brand new.
                          I understand I can bend the rocker arm a...

Lower ball cushion board

Just wondering if this is the normal way that these boards go over time? Am i missing something?
                          Pit curtains are in "reasonable" condition if that means anything...

Backend motor plug

What is the name of the power plug and socket on the back-end motor?

Some of ours are breaking from impacts from repeated pile-ups and need to be replaced....

82/70 combi motors

Hi guys, got a few of these Lewus solid state start switches and wondering if we could make use of them on our combi motors. I've seen they aren't recommended for combi motors...

Deck lowering hook cam follower lever

I have a machine that has broken the cam follower arm for the deck lowering hook on the 2 to 1 twice in a couple weeks. I've overnighted the part so i can change it tomorrow....
                          Working...
                          X