Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C90 wiring?

Could anyone help me with the wiring for a C90 please? It seems all of ours have been wired by a madman and I can't find the manuals.

It's 90xl chassis going into a blue control box with 15 contacts on {and occasionally under} the C90's. 3 wires for each lane and 9 going to FBR things like blowers and all that. There's a beguiling three-state toggle switch on the side I'd like to know more about also.

I mostly need to know how to connect the chassis into it propperly for a pair.

Thanks for any help.
    ~ PJ

Re: C90 wiring?

are these amf c 90 ball returns, if so the manual is on the web site and there is a wiring diagram inside the cover.if these are not, i suspect they are not amf, you may have to contact the supplier for their wiring instructions.i can talk you thro the wiring from the chassis , i.e. each pair, but need to know more about the ball lift, are they Mendes???
    maister

Comment

Hi maister

They're Vantage. {or at least the housings are}. I tried grabbing the mans for the AMF version to see if it would give me any clues but they're only offering the Profile and Options returns up on the website. I'd have to order in the C90 one I think. As all the rest of the returns componants are very easy to set up I couldn't get away with putting the complete manual onto our budget. I will email Vantage for some advice when I've posted here though.

I didn't find any diagrams when I was looking the units over but I'll check them all carefully when I'm closing up tomorrow night. I can also get part numbers, photographs and so on then.

The only confusing bit to me is the three terminal contacts for talking to the chassis. The first is unmarked and the second and third are arrowed together with the legend 'transformer/amf relay'. When I apply a current to the first contact it reappears in the middle one with the voltage halfed. {I'm no electrician so that means absolutely nothing to me}.

The way they're wired at the mo, only the evenside machines are connected to the 1 and 3 contacts with hot going to 1. {the oddside terminal is empty}. We have to control the returns by the wall circuit breakers and they stay on and running all the way through 'til closing time.
      ~ PJ

Comment

not too sure what type of ball return box you have got,i got one from complete leisure last week,really easy to wire up,the 240v goes into the box,which runs the motor,the blower wire is connected to a teminal in the box,which runs off the 240v mains supply,the safety switch and the relays for the machines are in a seperate terminal in the box,its got a switch on the side,run-off-manual,the one you are talking about sounds the same

Comment

Hi P-Jay, i thought they were and i think you will find the power lift on 5-6 is not bolted to the floor.!!the wiring from the XL chassis should have 2 cables. One with just a black and white and one with six coloured wires.The single black and white is the signal to the ball lift to turn it on and off thro the board when the machines are at zero. I think they should go to 1 and 2 on the board, not the 240v input side.the other six wire cable is the reset or tenth frame switch and the mechanic call (not fitted there). suggest you call Ross Gibson at complete leisure and check it out with him.
          I know who installed the power lifts, his name is Andy Bland. If i can help any more , let me know.you can let Ross know you got his name from me, we go back a long way.
          maister

Comment

God help me, so I've just inadvertantly insulted another good man. Here I call Andy a madman and I referred to Ross as a banana in another thread if I remember rightly. Maybe I should buy that 'how to make friends and influence people' book after all.

Although, given the state of the terminal boxes and the presence of a lot of gaffer tape they've probably been modified at some point.

Ross recently sent us back a spare box which is what got me thinking about them. That's something else I can ask him if he comes to set up our computers. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for your help maister. I can check the wiring out tonight and hopefully see why they're not doing their thing.
            ~ PJ

Comment

maister,do you mean andy blann?

Comment

Yep, someones tampered with Andy's installation allright. These things are wired to the moon! I'll have a stab at redoing one in the mornin and see how I get on.

@evertonfc: Hi mate. What does the manual setting do? Does it just run all the time then? I reckon that what all our switches must be set to as the other two states don't do anything at all.
                ~ PJ

Comment

the control box supplies the 24vac to the ball return circuit, the way ours is wired, you have a pair of wires coming from the A&MC box and the other end should go to the two labeled 24v/amf relay in the control box. but the difference is we have 70's with mp chassis. when the switch on the side is on normal mode, you should be able to take a short piece of wire and jump across those two amf/relay terminals in the box and the ball lift should start up. this confirms that the box is supplying voltage.

Comment

Comment

Hi everton fc afraid i do.
                      maister

Comment

P-Jay you have insulted no one.i do not think they have been modified at all , i think that is how they were installed ,from what i was informed.
                        maister

Comment

Thanks a lot for those pics, coors! That's my very blueboxes right there. Now I know what the toggle switch is meant to be set at anyway. {all our covers are missing in action}.

@maister, do you think they may have been wired like they were for a good reason? Something missing from our setup maybe.

I'm still not too clear on the pinouts for the 'frontend' cable from the chassis control box. I'll need to check the underground cables before I go any further.
                          ~ PJ

Comment

I am hoping you are all still on BT as I've been searching these forums for hours and this is the first mention I've read about the Blue Vantage Control Boxes which I am assuming according the old Vantage Book I found we have C-90's. I'm not of an electician but I know hooking the wrong things up can burn things up. I don't know if they are Triac, Sure-Stuck, Sure-Pik, or Spectrum or whatever else is out there. I just know they are blue and Vantage.

We have 82-70-s & 90xl chasis, just like P-Jay here. And now, not that it matters we have the Conqueror Pro 2013 scoring system. What I am trying to do is learn how to rewire what is there with the replacement control boxes we were given (Gold AMF Ball Return Control box) when we ordered the replacement for the Vantage Blue boxes we are currently using in the event we need to use them. Currently we have no working backups.

I am also interested in whether anyone knows where to get the blue vantage ones, as an even swap for the exact boxes we have would be much easier for our newer inexperienced mechanics to do.

Another major difference I've yet to overcome is the power on these gold ones has a plug that doesn't exist on our blue ones. So it seems we would have to order this plus and wire it so we can connect power to the AMF gold box. The only identification number I have on the gold boxes is CAT NO. 82-250-220 which doens't match up with anything I've read anywhere in these forums up to this point.

Is there a wiring diagram or someone who can tell me which numbers are blower, motor, blower, which are my relays, etc.

Can someone please help?
                            If it aint broke, don't.......Oh damn! It broke!

Brandon

Comment

250001215 Wiring.jpg
                              Regards,

Billy T
                              bthompson@qubicaamf.us

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X