Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball Lift Belt coming off of upper pulley

What causes this? It happens after a few balls go up the lift.Belt shifts over to the right where it rides the upper pulley on 1/2 the width of the belt,eventually it pops off.Is my alignment with the rails wrong? or maybe not enough tension on BL spring?..Any ideas?

Re: Ball Lift Belt coming off of upper pulley

The most likely cause is that lift isn't aligned properly with the rails. Its also worth checking that the slide brackets which mounts the rails to the side frame haven't come loose. If one of these is loose that rail with be further away from the belt which can cause the belt to 'tilt' and flick off.

Double check the belt tention is ok, if the belt touches the underside of the main ball lift shaft as a ball is elevated you haven't got enough spring tention.
    I'm Brian and so is my wife.......

http://www.badassbowling.com

Comment

Agree with Rob22. one other thing to check is the alignment of both pulleys. make sure they are centered on each other and not twisted.
      SGT
      U.S. Army/AVN
      Retired

Comment

Check, track rail centering between the kickbacks, Lift alignment with the track rails, condition of the alignment bracket and roller on the upper head, side to side slop where the upper link connects to the lift bracket, compession spring too loose for the upper head, twisted upper head.

Often times it is just lift alignmnet with the track rails.

John
        Please.....follow the instructions!!

John
        804-240-4982

Comment

Make sure your spring is adjusted properly. A loose spring will allow the groove on the belt to rub against the lower retainer making the belt come off, it will also destroy the groove.

Have often wondered why the upper yoke didn't have a rail on the right side also to stabilize
          it????????????

Comment

The ball lift belt might have stretch. I have had some issue with that. Some up to a half inch.

Comment

Also check to make sure that your upper and lower spoked pulleys run true. If they wobble excessively, it can throw the belt when there is a load put on it (lifting ball).

Ensure upper head assembly is not gummed up allowing it to stay in compressed position, thereby reducing belt tension.
              "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

also check your rails, if the ball is spinning going up there is a chance that it will kick that belt off to the side.

Comment

Did you change the belt or a pulley lately?
                  Make sure the belt fits to the pulley, they have made two different typs of V shaped wheels. One deep and narrow the other one undeep and wide. The belt has to fit to the wheels. I have had the same problem, than a Vantage salesman gave me a carton shimm to check what kind of pulley's I had, problem solved!

Comment

Make sure the belt is right on top of the ball as it goes up the lift. Also if you have to muck resitance with the downward force of the shock it can cause the belt to jump off
                    They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

I would check the measurement of the spring compression. I was taught to be no more than 4 1/2" and can even be a little smaller in some cases. Definitely more than 4 1/2 is bad news. The other thing Id look at would be the condition of the up guides. With an oily ball, if the ball struggles to lift it can kick the ball to one side and kick the lift belt off too. You would end up with 2 balls on th lift calls too.
                      Indexer2

Comment

Sorry for the delay fellas...I didnt have the the lower pulley square and in the middle of the rails...all ok now ty...Don

Comment

I seen a lot of those alignment brackets get bent outward or spread apart causing too much play in the guide roller. Also seen the roller pin get bent.
                          -- Larry

Comment

Had a properly aligned ball lift only flip off belt for one particular ball. The ball seemed to spin and wobble as it went up the lift causing belt to twist and fly off pulley. Was really wierd.

Comment

Originally posted by 8270tom View Post
                              Had a properly aligned ball lift only flip off belt for one particular ball. The ball seemed to spin and wobble as it went up the lift causing belt to twist and fly off pulley. Was really wierd.
                              Tom,

Unless an older topic is something you are experiencing, it is best to leave them be back in the archives.

FWIW - the original poster has passed

RIP Don49er

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X