Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• distributor problem

I'm getting jams about every 3rd cycle on one machine... the distributor is not getting all the way over to the 10 pin spot, so it's dropping that pin half into the 6 pin spot, thus creating a jam... also I have seen the pins get to the top of the distibutor and "stall" at the top until another pin pushes it out of the way. these are very old machines and haven't been well cared for before I got here. any help???

Marc

Re: distributor problem

tighten the clutch and grease the stop blades

Comment

Also check your u-joints (on distributor driveshaft), as if they are starting to fail, they will catch, hang up(especially at the 4-7 and 6-10 positions) creating orienting problems. Make sure that the roller balls in the slip union on the BE motor have ample grease and that no grooves are worn into it.
      It's been awhile but I have much more to share!!!

Comment

I gotta agree, tighten that clutch up a bit. The 6 to the 10 is always one of the problem areas for a clutch (as well as the 2 to the 4 sometimes and the 4 to 7 as well). If tightening it causes the pins to not want to go over, then it needs a clutch job
        All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

I would suggest to check if the distributor stand is in a straight level position. Just take a small level and hold it straight up at one side of the distributor stand from the back of your machine. See if the stand is level, if not losen the two bolds of the standarm and level it out. This causes the distributor to be better aligned to the back end motor. That makes it easier to get to the corners.

Comment

Another thing you can do to help get more lateral movement(7 pin and 10 pin area) is to remove the rod end on the lateral link(Pg 30 AMF catalog pn- 070 006 066 item # 9)and put 2 lock washers in there. I got this tip from MasterNut personally. Thanks MasterNut!
            Qualified to do anything with nothing!

Comment

Good points to check listed above. If the pins are stalling at the trip lever. Check to make sure the clutch is not too tight, that and a worn belt will not let the pin carry over. Also check to make sure that the trip rod moves freely. Could have a dry bushing or catching every now and then.
              SGT
              U.S. Army/AVN
              Retired

Comment

If you arent going all the way to the corners,make sure the distributor pinion gear is indexed properly to the large nylon gear
                Also a bad pinion bushing/sleeve/washer will create trip problems. Back the clutch spring WAY off. If the dist. still runs you have a problem in the pinion/sleeve area.

Comment

I would also recommend checking your lateral levelness......the dist may not be getting over far enough to drop the pin in....you may need to take off the dist springs and crank that small rod over 1/2 turn or so.....check to see how much clearance you have on the 4-7 side....
                  Kris Schumacher
                  316 461 5598
                  schu300@gmail.com

Comment

OK lots of stuff to look at But here is what I have to suggest. The houseing of the dist. head casting allways wears on the right hand side. The ten pin side. Which lets the dist. head flipper, indexing lever return or raise up higher than a new head casting would allow. which causes a pin to raise up and be deliverd higher and in the incorrect position. Also too much clutch makes it worse. When the head castings are worn the flipper raises higher which causes pins to travel up before falling and indexing the dist. head. Really do you think I make this stuff up???? So what I do is glue a half inch by half inch piece of dist belt to the flipper where it contacts the RH side of houseing. Take a look at what you got, the RH side you will notice alot more wear and none on the left, left side does not wear, I've have added up to two layers on older head castings to get them to deliver pins correct. Good luck Chief.

Comment

Originally posted by 8230chief:
                      OK lots of stuff to look at But here is what I have to suggest. The houseing of the dist. head casting allways wears on the right hand side. The ten pin side. Which lets the dist. head flipper, indexing lever return or raise up higher than a new head casting would allow. which causes a pin to raise up and be deliverd higher and in the incorrect position. Also too much clutch makes it worse. When the head castings are worn the flipper raises higher which causes pins to travel up before falling and indexing the dist. head. Really do you think I make this stuff up???? So what I do is glue a half inch by half inch piece of dist belt to the flipper where it contacts the RH side of houseing. Take a look at what you got, the RH side you will notice alot more wear and none on the left, left side does not wear, I've have added up to two layers on older head castings to get them to deliver pins correct. Good luck Chief.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey Chief, Great post, but wrong machines. I think hes got 70's not 30's.

Comment

Sounds like you have two different problems. 1st when have you serviced that clutch? It might need a good cleanin' like Rep said. 2nd problem Is your belt lossing its grip on the pins? This will cause pins to stalh at the top of the distributor.
                        There is always more to life, but would someone tell me what it is!

Comment

I think I definately have multiple problems... the main one being that there is no certified mechanic that regularly works on the machines. I just started not long ago, and I'm a bowling manager, not a mechanic, so I'm learning as I go. I'm sure I need to replace the belt and there's tons of other stuff, but I need to at least get it working so it will place all the pins... Ten pin is the problem of the moment. Thanks all.

Marc
                          P.S. They are 82-70's with the 90 upgrade

Comment

well damn it! sorry

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                            Working...
                            X