Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse Trap Tensioner

I have Humpbacks and sometimes the ball gets stuck half way in the hole and the paddle can not push it out. I mechanic from up north told me he made a idler pulley set up with AMF parts to add tension to the belt so the paddle will push the ball out.Unfortunately he never sent #'s or a picture. Lifelong has a tensioner but is still down and out of stock from the hurricanes.Does AMF or Stahl's make a tensioner? Do you guys have any good ideas? It seems lane 1 hates league bowlers with old balls!
    Well we're safe for now. Thank God we're in a Bowling Center.

Re: Mouse Trap Tensioner

Does AMF 070 011 109 spring clip with bronze or enviro bushings a good place to start? Than add a spring and chain?

Comment

Drill a 13/64 hole in the hanger bracket. (upper bracket) Use a diamond link chain lust large enough for a 10-24X1 or so and run the bolt thru the chain and hanger bracket with a nut. Run the chain up over the shaft for the belt idlers. Use a dist. belt spring thru the chain and fasten a strap 1/8X1 across the two machines just like you would if you had kickers for adjustment.
      Yeah but, We've always done it that way.

Comment

Is the belt slipping on the pulleys? If so you can try replacing the belt(s) or add a little more tension to the spring. Or you can take some 600 grit sand paper and sand the v section of the pulley to give it more grip.

AMF has all the parts you need for the tensioner.

Mike
        Mike

Comment

When the ball is stuck the belt is slipping on the pulleys.

Comment

Do you have light ball sensors? I know from experience if they are not adjusted properly they will get jammed up and stop the belts.

Mike
            Mike

Comment

Humpbacks no light ball sensor.

Comment

Pertaining to my earlier post, perhaps I did not explain clearly. If you go to Lifelong's site and look at their tensioner, you will notice that it pulls nearly straight back and this,IMO, is not what you want. The belt is probably slipping on the small diameter of the aluminium pulley. This is why I said you need more upward tension. The strap I mentioned should be bolted a little higher than the 112 inch belt carpet and ball lift idler shaft. You would than use a hack saw and make two cuts about 1/4 down and 1/8 apart. Break out the scrap and file if need be so the diamond link chain slips in the notch. Suspend the spring in between in the open space so you are actually using two pieces of chain. The alum. pulley is probably worn out and needs to be replaced, but this will get you by. I have done this often, so I know it works---Any feed back from others, please do...Bill
                Yeah but, We've always done it that way.

Comment

I would suggest to use the short belt thst usualy runs fron the tensioner to the rudder.take that short belt and run it from the elevator to the tensioner that put more tension on the belt to run the rudder better.If that dont work drill a hole in the tesioner big enough to put a spring thru prolly 3/16" get a long hooked rod and run the rod up to the frame of the machine that usualy works...
                  DEFINITION OF MANAGER IN THE 21ST CENTURY: (ADULT BABYSITTER)

Comment

<a href="http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001903;p=1#0000 13" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001903;p=1#0000 13" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001903;p=1#0000 13" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001903;p=1#0000 13" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001903;p=1#0000 13" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001903;p=1#0000 13" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001903;p=1#0000 13" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001903;p=1#0000 13" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001903;p=1#0000 13" target="_blank">http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001903;p=1#0000 13</a></a></a></a></a></a></a></a></a>

I put up some photo's of a very simple but effective Mod.

no more slipping belts ! !
                    Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

You can use a clip from AMF and an adjustable long turret belt spring from brunswick ....I will post a pic......
                      Peanut

Comment

Thanks for all the great help!

Comment

What type of pulley &amp; shock are you using? I use the Vantage Super Rudder Drive Link PN: V000-029-671-A and the speed reduction pulley that isn't adjustable. Lifelong makes them and I think Quality also. Not sure which ones I get, I just tell my parts distributor what it is and give me whatever's in stock. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] I found that the adjustable ones eat up the belts if you slow them down enough to where they will let 6 lbs. balls in and not throw them back out. I use maximum spring tension on the drive link, otherwise it may not be able to push out heavy balls. I've had them stuck where there isn't a pin in the door but 2 balls are in about half way and the rudder can't push them out and the belt isn't slipping. The only time I get slippage is when some gearbox oil drops on the belt. I'm getting those taken care of I hate leaks.
                          Charley
                          82-70's SS Chassis Omega-Tek w/expanders
                          2009 Qubica scoring 3QT's and 6 box.

Comment

Using the speed reduction pulley that came from Lifelong and spring loaded drive link assy that come from Lifelong too. I made a tensioner and if the pinchasers are writing down the calls and not sitting up front it seems to be working. Also the belt is chewed up and will put a new one on.

Comment

Posted by Brusamf:
                              If you go to Lifelong's site and look at their tensioner, you will notice that it pulls nearly straight back and this,IMO, is not what you want.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The picture on our website is a little deceiving, I had to take it looking down the chain in an effort to show as much as possible. Our tensioner actually pulls up and out, the chain is anchored about 2 feet above the mouse trap. Of course, there are a number of other mods you can use to add more tension.

Sean

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X