Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table set up procedure

Would it not be advantagous when setting up the table to instead of starting with the clevis adjustment each time, why not lower the table using the adjustable legs. (taking about 70's)

Due to the many posts and topics relating to shuttle problems, doubling of pins, and machine heights recently, this would help solve alot of problems.

You could adjusted the clevis so the table would sit high / close to the shuttle thus giving you a good shuttling action, ie, stopping pins doubling through into the table. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]
    The table legs could then be adjusted to lower the table to the desired clearance off the pin deck. This way you do not lower the table using the clevis, pulling it away from the bin, thus resulting in poor shuttling!

If your not so lucky as to have adjustable table legs, ie, if you work on newer machines, then you could add shims in ??

(Yes, No, make it so?)
    Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Re: Table set up procedure

The issue is, where you set the table at BDC spotting is what dictates the height at home position, and how far the table goes down during respotting (short stroke), they cannot be adjusted independantly.

If you use the clevis to get good shuttle clearance, the minute you change the table legs for clearnce over the pindeck for spotting, the clearance at the home position changes, no way around it.

The best thing to do is to set the machine at the proper height first, then make you table adjustments.

The sweet zone for machine height is 19" +/- 1/8"
    top of pindeck to bottom of machine frame.

John
    Please.....follow the instructions!!

John
    804-240-4982

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
    our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
    Working...
    X