Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributor's suck!!!

I have one lane that the distributor is consistantly dropping the 10 pin into the top part of the 6 pin spot. I need to know how to get the distributor all the way over to that spot. Every other pin is being dropped perfect, but it doesn't get over for the 10 pin...
    HELP ME!!!!!!

Marc

Re: Distributor's suck!!!

Adjust safety link to center between headpin rails. Shim lateral drive arm if necessary. Shim front part of distributor support post (between post support & suicide bar) if necessary.

Finally, inspect the lobe on the 10 area of outer indexing cam surface to see if it is at fault. If it is cracked and allowed to give under the force of the lateral drive arm, it will fall back towards the #6 bin pocket.
    "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

everything seems to be lined up, but it is catching on something at the 10 pin side, and not getting all the way over. These machines are old and haven't been very well kept, so assume the worst.

Marc

Comment

Originally posted by otto matic:
        I have one lane that the distributor is consistantly dropping the 10 pin into the top part of the 6 pin spot.

HELP ME!!!!!!

Marc
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I can help you. How about Sunday 11 am? Personal message me with an answer and details on parking, entering the club, compensation, etc..

Comment

Originally posted by otto matic:
          everything seems to be lined up, but it is catching on something at the 10 pin side, and not getting all the way over.
          Marc
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Check to make sure cam follower bearing on lateral arm is not catching on one of the webbings of the indexing cam.

Check to make sure that your turn pan is not too far back and hitting the pinwheel. A grinding noise and/or rub marks in the pinwheel are tell-tale signs of the turn pan hitting it.

--Kat

Comment

After you center the dist. on the #1 shute rails, you may need to move it towards the 7 or 10 bins after you watch it feed an empty bin assy. You're allowed to move it so it feeds the 7 and 10 equally. I'm guessing that you checked the clutch and added the shim to the safety link end fitting and did all the other good tips that you can find here on this site.
            Dist.'s can be fun. Have you switched dist.'s with another machine to eliminate a problem?
            &quot;Gun control is the policy of tyrants&quot;
            Rep. Rob Bishop (R-UT)

Comment

I would give the drive shift a checking or swap with another lane.

Comment

A good swift kick never hurt a problem distributor.

Comment

I understand.
                  Be carefull.
                  Don't get hurt messing with them.

Use the search feature here.
                  These questions have been answered dozens of times before.

Comment

Here is a longshot, but I've seen it happen a few times, especially on those distributors where we've had to shim the lateral arm out to make tighter corners. Be certain that the zerk fitting on the rod end for the safety link isn't hitting the rear distributor casting.

Again, this is kinda out there, but it can happen.

--Kat

Comment

So it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by 82/70 king:
                        A good swift kick never hurt a problem distributor.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">i guess i can be an amf mechanic after all. i got plenty of practice on gs machines
                        insert witty and amusing signature here!

Comment

This one is a little off the wall too, but I've seen it happen.

The corners of the head of the large bolt, that holds the lateral drive cam follower to the dist casting momentarily hangs on the snap ring that holds the bearing in the cam follower.

Remove the bolt, install one of the thin dist clutch washers on the bolt, reinstall the bolt, the washer spaces the head away from the snap ring.
                          Please.....follow the instructions!!

John
                          804-240-4982

Comment

Originally posted by Lampie:
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL @ Lampie! Were you a school teacher in a former life? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                            our technician is working full time on another...
                            Working...
                            X