Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82-90 XL gearbox leaking

Hey I was asked to help out at a center that has 8290 XL's. These machines are near new. All of the backend gearboxes are leaking. Apperantly AMF told the owner that there were some defective seals. Have any of you guys seen this.

Let me know
    Pat

Re: 82-90 XL gearbox leaking

If AMF told the owner that the seals are defective then I would have AMF come and replace them.

I wouldn't do anything else until you get that answer.
    Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

Yeah, I wouldn't take any matter into your own hands yet. Doing so may void any warranties. I would call AMF and see what they will do for you. Brand new gearboxes should not leak.
      "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

My thoughts exactall. I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem

Comment

Originally posted by pat:
          My thoughts exactall. I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes we do but AMF has a new seal kit that changed the breather and adds a big washer after the input shaft seal. We have not had any problems with the ones we rebuilt so far. Our Machines are about 10 years old but it has only been about a year since we began using the new kit. If you seperate the gear box from the motor you should be able to tell if they used the washer because you won't be able to see the seal, the washer is in front of it. This Washer supports the seal and shaft.

If the machines you have are new I would think that they would have done this at assembly.
          But I would not bet on that!
          As the others said I would check with AMF on them taking care of the problem first.

Comment

Do you have a part number for this new AMF seal kit please?

Ste.
            Ste.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...
            Working...
            X