Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMF Simplified Clutch

Pulled another one off of 21 last night. Seem to be a few failing in the same fashion over this last season. Could be age, could be design flaw.

How many of you use this clutch?

Are you also finding that over time the clutch plate ( steel washer with square hole next to friction disc ) begins to eat into the shaft? Once this happens, you have zero tension maneuverability and have to replace the shaft. I keep thinking if the clutch plate was thicker and had more surface area it wouldnt act as a razor blade on the shaft. I made some homemade clutch plates out of the spacer/washers used in the cushions, took em down to the fab shop and punched the square holes in em, they are doing well, and i think its because they are thicker and cant bite into the steel as easily.

Am i the only one having this problem?
    The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Re: AMF Simplified Clutch

Look's like non of the mechanics like them. They all tried them and threw them out again. I think the most problems come from the driveshaft connecting the distibutor to the motor. I made a longer distributor shaft and added an extra motor. Since than my distributor failures are almost 0. The distributor is running a bit faster now inorder to distribute the pins faster than the pinwheel dilivers them. In my opinion this is the only way out! I'll try to make some photo's and post them.

Comment

I'll try to make some photo's and post them.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">draakollie.lotje@wxs.nl

Martin
      So it goes.

Comment

I have 17 I will sell.
        Used less than 2 months.

Comment

Originally posted by 82/70 king:
          I have 17 I will sell.
          Used less than 2 months.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hmmm, interesting. I'm surprised they didn't go into one of King Enterprises dumpsters that you often highly talk about. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
          "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Kat:
            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by 82/70 king:
            I have 17 I will sell.
            Used less than 2 months.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hmmm, interesting. I'm surprised they didn't go into one of King Enterprises dumpsters that you often highly talk about. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They are headed there soon.

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey Pin Monkey:
              Happened to stop by a friend of mines house today. He and I have been playing around with these clutches now for some time. His latest idea is somewhat similar to yours. He as well as I have had the plate cut into the shaft causing loss of preasure to the disk. He took a fender washer that would fit over the shaft and tack welded the washer that the pinion bushing flange rides against to it. Then he faces the fender washer flat and also polishes the surface that contacts the disk. Now you have a thicker surface on the shaft so it will not dig in, and also it can slide on the shaft better. As soon as I can I'll try and get a picture or two up.

AMF DOCTOR
              The doctor makes house calls.
              AMF DOCTOR
              The doctor makes house calls.
              http://s427.photobucket.com/home/AMFDOCTOR/index

Comment

awesome, sounds good doctor, look forward to seeing you guys' work.
                The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...
                Working...
                X