X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP Chassis - removing table wiring

I am posting this for a friend.

He has MP Chassis.

When he removes the table wiring and cycles the machine from the rear contol panel (RPO) with pins on the deck he has the problem of the machine going into a strike cycle and setting pins on top of the pins in the cells.

Thanks in advance.

JK

Doe

Re: MP Chassis - removing table wiring

Need to ground one of the gripper switches to pinsetter frame. Open wireway and jump any (or all) of the 10 circuits on the TAC board to pinsetter frame. Most guys I know drill a hole in the wireway and attach a ground lug.
    "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

KAT HAS THE ANSWER

Comment

How would only running 1 cell wire to ground make a difference?

Comment

Bingo Kat!
          It thinks there is a pin there. Why is he removing the table wires?
          I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Because if you remove all the wires, the machine "thinks" no pins are left standing, and therefore does a strike cycle when you press cycle on the rear control. For some reason the machines overides any scoring system.

The cycle request is not the same as throwing a ball and activating the cushion switch, 10th frame switch ect. This is only what I have been told, and anyone can feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

It can also cause issues in the 10th frame.

wb8yjf, He's probably removing the wires as he no longer needs them. We have accuscore and have ripped all of ours out. It's just one less thing to cause a problem.

Comment

Noted.

Comment

Originally posted by 82/70 king:
                How would only running 1 cell wire to ground make a difference?
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Whichever cells your ground, the Chassis will always "see" those pins as left standing when an RPO request is issued (backend cycle box, front desk, bowler terminal). That command is sent thru the J10/J11 port on the CWC which bypasses any take data signal from the start switch; hence no pindeck scan. No pindeck scan=pin detection needed thru table wires...which is why table feels for pins on an RPO cycle, always.

--Kat

Comment

Hmmmmm, thought that was the case. Kat ya nailed it agin!
                  I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Qubica and Omega-Tek boards are similar... when you install the scoring expander, it grounds the #1 or the #5 to control the machine for strike/spare.

Good call, Kat
                    <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

If anyone here @ bowltech in the amf forum could answer a question bout MP chassis I would hope Kat could. Based off alot of his previous posts, he obviously loves MPs. Lately there has been alot of good info shared in the amf section bout tips and tricks. The one that sticks out in my mind is Chad showing how to make it easier to change a dist belt. Thats exactly what this site was designed to do. To quote REP "BT ROCKS! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] "
                      Just hope the information keeps coming because I continue to gain new knowledge from this site daily.

Wang

Ps (post # 200) Jerry Im coming for you! Watcha gonna do brother?!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheGMan143:
                        Qubica and Omega-Tek boards are similar... when you install the scoring expander, it grounds the #1 or the #5 to control the machine for strike/spare.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The new Ultra 98 Plus units self ground the grippers inside the chassis if scoring voltage is detected through the APS plug. If scoring is present, the chassis will ground out 1-7-10. If no scoring cable is attached to APS, the machine will function as stock (relying on either table cable or ground in wireway). I was rather impressed with this when we switched over.

--Kat

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                        1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                        First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                        our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                        Working...
                        X