Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electrical help

Does anyone know what can cause this?

when 1st powered on everyday, one of the machines won't cycle, no BE run, no ball return up front, but pindeck light is on--for about 20 secs. Then everything kicks on. It will then experience this intermittently throughout the day. Seems to get worse the hotter or longer the machine runs until the machine is almost chattering. The sudden power stops and starts in BE causes pinjams on "o" pan too! This has been going on several months. Any ideas (well, no dumb ones) appreciated. oops...82-70 mp, no scoring, sure-piks.

Re: electrical help

ok I will take dumb ones too.

Comment

For some reason, it sounds like Manual Intervention is cutting in and out here. What type of board is in the MP? (9850, 9860, 9861)

Does the problem stay with the board, chassis, or machine?
      "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Typical for MP chassis.

Comment

That sounds like a board problem to me...is it a 9860 board (the one with all the LED's on it)? Try swapping boards and see what happens.
          I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

I agree, it does sound like a board to me too. He'll be lucky if he has 9860s where he can short pins 2-3 on JP-4 to disable Manual Intervention and see if his problems clear up.

--Kat

Comment

Try changing the "M" relay in the chassis.

Pete

Comment

Does it follow the chassis?
                If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

Originally posted by 82/70 king:
                  Typical for MP chassis.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thats a typical answer from a Mp Chassis WANNA BE! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] :p

Whatcha going to cut out of that 5 Bd. chassis this summer? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]
                  If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it.&quot; -W.C.Fields

Comment

I would check the M relay and then the board, sometimes when boards heat up they give problems but not normally when you first turn on the machine.
                    As suggested does the fault go with the chassis,if not check C1 plug for arcing.
                    maister

Comment

The way I read the OP was in addition to not starting first thing in the morning (or from a dead stop) the pinsetter was cutting in/out causing jams in the turn pan.
                      It could be the M relay, however with the info given about power interruption during play (I'm assuming since there are pin in the wheel) this would kinda leave M relay out, no? My reason for saying this is we all know the M relay is for manager control. 24VAC coil voltage controlled by desk/LIU. If this coil voltage is removed (machine shut off from desk, or even M relay pulled while running), the BE motor should not turn off immediately, since the machine goes through the normal 60 second "cool down" phase. Yes, the S &amp; T do become inoperative, but the BE relay coil still has power. Coil for BE relay gets its power from T4, but is switched through PC board.

I'm also leaning toward a bad T3 or CB3 as the MP board might be losing power here and there. But, what doesn't make sense is how come one doesn't have to Program Zero or Stepper Zero machine to get it back on-line.
                      But, I'm inclined to think the problem is somehwere in the board. I hope he lets us know if the problem stays with the machine, chassis, or board.

--Kat

Comment

As Pete said, check the M-Relay, also check C1 pins 41 and 42.
                        Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

I'm not sure about the chassis since after swapping out with known good ones, problem still happens on same machine. Good tips though, keep em coming please.... This is a total guess here--could the sweep cam switch wires(timing) do anything here? I'm asking cause it's something I HAVE NOT replaced but jiggled when it was inoperative and machine started working again. When it gets bad, every ball thrown will cause this thing, whatever it is.

I've changed chassis,changed M relay, BE motor stator, BE control box CB, repinned C1 plug, set sweep timing 2x. Not sure which board it is--no led lights on it. Gotta change a bounce board so will check back later. thanks all.

Comment

When you have these random, anywhere, intermittant, unpredictable things going on, I first think - there is a ground problem somewhere.
                            Switch ground, chassis groung in the C2A, russell stohl common (making the electronics use the ground as common), ------but something in the ground side of electronics or control.
                            Ruling out the chassis is the biggest help.
                            But, as we have all experienced, try the simple things first.
                            This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Have you tried isolating any wiring runs to the front by unplugging A&amp;MC connector and jumping manager control circuit at plug? This would eliminate anything up front (including scoring controllers, framemeters, etc.).

--Kat

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X