Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table mod

Ok, so we were in 21 the other day and decided while we were in there to try a couple table mods. We took the aluminum link off the far side, the one that goes down the 1,3,6,10 side. Very cool looking with that gone. All the support is on the boomerangs, looks awesome. Also took and flipped that one link that ran parallel to it. Flipped the pivots and put the link on the UNDERSIDE of the boomerangs.

Heres my question:

With that aluminum link off, where the hell do you run the gripperswitch wires gracefully? Or do you take those off too?

Also took a shopvac to the table, and with it now missing the one link, ALL the wiring, and a flipped tie link, this table looks like something Jesse James would have made. I like it alot the way it looks.
    The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Re: Table mod

Trash the wires.

Many people have used L channel to replace the wireways.

Fixed.

Comment

I was actually thinking of some angle iron or something, worried about the weight of it. So no grippers , eh? Cool, i ll give it a whirl.
      The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

If you are interfaced into the scoring system for pincount, if have you have MP's, omegas or XOP's with expanders you can remove the table wires, just have to jump a wire to ground in the TAC board.

Taking out the useless wireway cleans thing up a bit, I like to cut off the extra piece of the wireways that extend past the boomerang.

Aluminum "L" workes OK if you can get T6 grade, hardware store stuff is generally too soft.

I have a proceedure for removing the wires I can send you if you e-mail me Jisbell@amf.com.
        Please.....follow the instructions!!

John
        804-240-4982

Comment

Monkey, just remove the link and flip the pins, then reattach the link on the underside just like you have described. I like the link better there; if you get a bent pivit shaft, it does not affect the locking power of the linkage.
          Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

Monkey, just remove the link and flip the pins, then reattach the link on the underside just like you have described. I like the link better there; if you get a bent pivit shaft, it does not affect the locking power of the linkage.

Comment

Opps, how did that happen. Sorry, I'm new here! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I have rebuilt 4 tables in the last 6 months, and have done the same mod. I also like the look of the extra wire way, wires, and GP switch gone.

I spray all aluminum parts down and use a scotch brite pads the make them look new.

Install new bearings, pivot pins, and any other bad parts.

It is easy to do and I think worth the trouble.

Mike
                Mike

Comment

use purple stuff(cleaner) on aluminum and eliminate the scotch brite pad....
                  Qualified to do anything with nothing!

Comment

I run a rotation system of my tables. I built a bench for the job and have one table out being totaly stripped down and re-built then re-installed. While the table is stripped down I spray the main casting and the spotting yoke casting with a chrome finish spray. It looks so cool and makes the table easier to keep clean too. - I'll get some pictures posted!

Its easier to do all the little mods and adjustments when the table is at just below chest height and you can walk around it and see what you are doing without banging your head!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img] It also makes training so much easier when others can see the adjustments comfortably without cramming two fat blokes on the pindeck!!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

I agree with ditching the G.P switch wires and bridging the terminals in the trunking, one less thing to go wrong!
                    I'm Brian and so is my wife.......

http://www.badassbowling.com

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

Monkey, Give me a picture I don't understand this flip a link and flip a pin stuff????????
                        Rich

Comment

I AGREE WITH RICH I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOUR SAYING BUT WISH I COULD SEE IT TO UNDERSTAND IT AND POSSIBLY DO IT AT MY PLACE SOUNDS INTERESTING.

SCOOTER

Comment

Well, that may be a problem. For starters, I havent anything to take a picture WITH. And for seconders, im far too retarded to figure out how to post one here. But imagine, if you will, the dipsmack flipped up under yon boomies and the hoosafudge taken out entirely. Not to mention the ENTIRE paddywhack flapjack circuit taken out in the rear. Better?

Comment

Richard:
                              Monkey, Give me a picture I don't understand this flip a link and flip a pin stuff????????
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">JJ:
                              Just mount the link respot connector (070002 671) under the levers (070 002 678).
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
                              So it goes.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X