Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonding straps!

Do any of you guys ge aggravated with this? I do. After a few skinned knuckles and a bleeding forearm, you might jusst have this strap on right (don' bet on it)! Here is what we did. Drill a hole in the vib damp and insert a self tapping screw with ring terminal and a washer to hold it. Grind the excess off the back so the damp will seat properly.

We put the damp on the front B. plate O.B.D. so it can be easily viewed or changed.

111,111,111 X 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321

Re: Bonding straps!

Great mod.

All of my grounding straps are in the dumpster.

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by 82/70 king:
      Great mod.

All of my grounding straps are in the dumpster.

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'll second that.

If you're that worried about draining off static, wipe some copper-bearing antiseize across the rubber from metal to metal, or paint the tops of your vibe dampeners with silver, brass, bronze, copper, or gold metallic paint... It will drain static as good as that stupid wire, without trying to bolt it on. I'll guarantee it... just spraypaint the side of a lawnmower plug with metallic paint and then try to start the engine... it probably won't start, and if it does, it'll run like crap... the powdered metal in the paint conducts high-voltage charges rather well.

Honestly, I have computers in the back, automatic scoring, and scoring interface boards, and have no problems with static. It's definitely there... in the winter I can watch blue sparks jump from the distributor carriage to the guides.

Biggest thing is to make sure that the machine frames themselves are well grounded somewhere up the front near the wireway, to each other and to the ground busbar in the panel. It keeps static/voltage differential problems from happening, and makes the machines a bit safer... you won't have to worry about any of the metal components becoming "live" from a broken wire or a short.
      <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Bonding straps. I've heard that name before. Let's see............oh yes, down here we call it bailing wire. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
        I kinda like them French Fried Taters, mmmm-hmmm.

Comment

Nice mod King!

Some areas have more issues with static than others.
          Please.....follow the instructions!!

John
          804-240-4982

Comment

//////////////HONK ALERT!/////////////

This was not posted for the guys that have decided they no longer need these straps nor the mechs that have found a more exotic fix. It was posted for the guys that still use this method and is just an easier way to do and maintain it. Thanks John.

Rats leave a sinking ship (or a ship that will sink in the near future) first. How do they know it's going to sink??

Comment

Nice fix. Thanx.

RR

Comment

No problem King, I've been in centers that will light you up with static, those that don't have issues........the lucky ones.

Keep on bonding!
                Please.....follow the instructions!!

John
                804-240-4982

Comment

Nice tip Kingram.

When mine fall off, it don’t get replaced until the BB gets pulled. I like your method as it seems that the strap wont fall off as fast as conventional means. To bad manufactures don’t attach the strap with a tack weld or some other bonding process to eliminate mounting the strap to something that needs bolted.

Triac

Comment

i put a washer between the strap and vib dampner. pits get done 1 a year. haven't had any break

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                    our technician is working full time on another...
                    Working...
                    X