Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82/70 xli

I realize they are a combination of the 70 and the 90 but need to know if the tools required are standard or metric or both? I have a nice setup where I am now and it will only be a block away but might as well start setting up a shop before they are installed.

thanks

Drill
    Drill

David Bolt
    Champaign, IL
    USBC Silver Coach
    IBPSIA BOD
    IBPSIA Advanced
    Technical Certified
    Pro Shops

Re: 82/70 xli

Drill goes AMF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

GOOD choice Drill!

Comment

Last time I checked, AMF's are still use all SAE hardware, so your standard tools should be OK... you will need some 'special' tools and gauges to work on them, though. Primarily, the ST-2748 cam gauge and the ST-6519 spotting cup/respot gauge.

Glad you're coming over to the good side of the industry... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
        <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Hey, Drill! Welcome.
          Even back when some 70's were made in England,fasteners were American, or so I thought. But I did find one metric: the table yoke torsion spring locking clamp. Messed me up bad.

Now all should be USS/SAE. Keep in mind however, that in 2003, a new 90XL installation here blew my mind again: the bin and shuttle were all 6mm instead of 1/4-20's! (Except for the shock mounts)

AMF has had trouble with those metrics since then (all coming loose) and I believe they're reverting to 1/4-20's.

You're going to love that machine!

Comment

Originally posted by TheGMan143:

Glad you're coming over to the good side of the industry... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Gman, glad too see you used the word " good "
            instead of superior [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Drill ; I am curious, what made you decide to go with AMF pinspotters?

Thanks, Mark
            There is light at the end of the tunnel - just be sure it is not a train.

Comment

Drill, you'll never go back!
              Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

Drill,

The 90 Xli is a very nice machine, no sweep or table cams and levers to mess with.

Mechanicals are very close to 70's with quite a few improvments, main improvements are the electronics, motors and gearboxes.

They use encoders in the motors to sense the proper stopping positions of the sweep and table.

Electric brakes stop the motors instead of the regenetive braking on 70's and 90's, really cool, the encoder tells the chassis the exact degree the component is at anticipates the stopping point, cuts power and when the component is at the proper degree the brake locks in.

Adjustments are doen through the chassis keypad, and the machine will self correct.

The 2748 guage is not used on the XLi.

E-mail me at Jisbell@amf.com I will send you a tool kit list, all SAE, remember this is the only current production machine made in America.

We had one runnng for a week at the last Bowl Expo, one stop!

Don't dispair, I worked on A's and A-2's for 25 years prior to AMF, still work on them, great machines.

John
                Please.....follow the instructions!!

John
                804-240-4982

Comment

I was standing on the pindeck with John at the Expo while he was gracious enough to give me a tour. What a beautiful machine.

Its too bad the XLi upgrade doesn't come close to how gorgeous a true-blue-buy-it-from-scratch XLi is. The upgrade will rip out your old crappy gearboxes and motors and rip out your wiring, but the table, that gorgeous frickin xli table, is NOT included. Nor is any work done on leveling the pinsetters prior to install.

You DO get brand new sweet lookin gearboxes/motors and a thorough cleaning and some foul light/camera crap , but what i wanted with them was the TABLE and a clean install (square-up/level frames, etc...)

We almost considered it.

I'd love to have the real deal though, thas for sure.
                  The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

Drill,
                    Sounds like you guys are doing some good business. Good luck with the change. If new pinsetters were something I had to had I would definately go the route you are going. Nothing against GSX, but I believe AMF is a smarter way to go.

Best of luck,
                    And I know for a fact that 82-70 XL is standard guage. Been working on XL upgrade for the past year with 7 years on regular 70's. Not much different, just new motors, gearboxes, PBL, and Chasis. Great running machine.
                    Bozo
                    Don't mess with the steering wheel or face the wrath of Chuck Norris!

Comment

Not a problem Mark,
                      Brunswick could not compete in price when it came to the A2 and that was my deciding point. Everyone I talked to told me the A2 was the way to go since I already had 24 of them at my other center and plenty of extra parts. When they dropped the ball on the A2 and wanted me to go GS I had many doubts. I asked and seen how many 70 mechanics seemed to be around versus GS and the choice was pretty simple.
                      Besides that I felt it was the only way to get the King to stop by.

Drill
                      Drill

David Bolt
                      Champaign, IL
                      USBC Silver Coach
                      IBPSIA BOD
                      IBPSIA Advanced
                      Technical Certified
                      Pro Shops

Comment

Originally posted by Drillmn300:

Besides that I felt it was the only way to get the King to stop by.

Drill
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">ROTFLMAO [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Thanks for the reply Drill. I do service for 2 centers that have the basic 82-70. Also do service for 7 centers with A-2's. Pro's and cons on each machine. It will be interesting to read your comments a year from now.
                        Mark
                        There is light at the end of the tunnel - just be sure it is not a train.

Comment

I could be packing soon!

Comment

Drill, what are you doing with the old machines??
                            Gene Simmons for president!!!

Comment

Drill 70's aren't as bad as most of us "B" guys says. I do beleive they are a lot easier to work on. Alittle finicky but not bad. If I had to buy a new machine right now....I'd do the same. just too much to go wrong with GS machines and all them boards ain't cheap either. the dual chassis on a XL is nice it can be swapped in less than 5 minutes. You'll be happy with them. Maybe I'll stop by when they're all in.

Alex
                              Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
                              Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
                              Cloth: ShamWow!
                              Machine: Johnny 5
                              Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X