Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBL paddle sticking

I have PBL's and the paddle on lanes 1 and 2 gets stuck quite often... sometimes without a ball even being there... I have adjusted it and got it to not stick without a ball, but if a ball comes in at the wrong time it can't push it out... Any help???

Marc

Re: PBL paddle sticking

Define stuck. Is the rudder catching on the filler plate or is the LBS cam tripping, causing the rudder/paddle to snap out of the way? Disconnect the LBS drive rod from the crank plate and move the rudder as a whole unit with the LBS in the "sense" (not power-drive) mode and see if the rudder is catching on the filler plate. You may need to move the rudder arm back or shim the lower mounts for the LBS.

P.S. I'm sure 82/70 King will chime in here about tossing the LBS units into a King Enterprise dumpster or something. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

The LBS is actually a pretty decent unit and does work well when adjusted properly. It would work even better if I can find a winged paddle that held up long enough.
    "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

no no no... It only gets stuck when a ball comes in now... if the paddle is going in the direction the ball is coming from, it will not push the ball out and the weight of the ball will stop the paddles movement.

Marc

Comment

Increase tension on belt tensioner , make sure there's no oil on the belt causing slippage, and lastly, make sure the right belts are on.

Ball lift to tensioner should be 1400 and tensioner to rudder should be a 1380. Another thing would be to check to make sure there's adequate spring tension on the tensioner. Stock setup is the spring rod with spring. I've replaced all of mine with Brunswick long turret adjustable springs so I can dial-in the right amount of tension; enough to prevent atoppage of rudder, but not enought to put excess strain on oilites in tensioner.

--Kat

Comment

do you have a part number for that, or do you know where I could get one of those adjustable springs???

Marc

Comment

The adjustable spring is a two piece thing.

There's the spring: 12-400051
            and the spring hook: 12-402051

You can get it from any Brunswick parts supplier.

--Kat

Comment

Make sure it's getting under the lift. Raise your ball Lift.
              If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

Originally posted by otto matic:
                no no no... It only gets stuck when a ball comes in now... if the paddle is going in the direction the ball is coming from, it will not push the ball out and the weight of the ball will stop the paddles movement.

Marc
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Either your sensor is Stuck in direct drive: pry up on yor sensor upwards slightyly with the clickers positioned down.. (Please Raise Your Lift First). [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
                If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it.&quot; -W.C.Fields

Comment

Just for the record....I like LBS.

Comment

Kat we use Brunswick springs part numbers
                    12-400806-002 spring
                    12-400806-003 hook

Are these the ones you are refering to. They have worked great for us.
                    Peanut

Comment

Masternut:

I'll have to check with my books at the shop to see exactly what I have. I was going from memory (as bad as it is) on the numbers.

--Kat

Comment

After researching some part numbers, I've found that Masternut's numbers are correct. I don't know where I pulled those others from. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

Anyways, here's a pic of our tensioner setup. It has the Brunswick adjustable long turret spring. Also, we did away with those pesky snap rings on the lower shaft and used lock collars butted up against flanged oilites to keep the casting from floating. We chose flanged oilites to keep the oilites from falling out like they occasionally do.

--Kat

Comment

Nice Pic. If all of your machines look like this, you have a lot more help than I have! I use all original stuff, maintain it, it works. Any one know of a "wedge" for the paddle to get those occaisional pinheads out of there?

Comment

Red Wing Paddle

<a href="http://www.bowlingproducts.com/graphics/redwing.jpg" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.bowlingproducts.com/graphics/redwing.jpg" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.bowlingproducts.com/graphics/redwing.jpg" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.bowlingproducts.com/graphics/redwing.jpg" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.bowlingproducts.com/graphics/redwing.jpg" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.bowlingproducts.com/graphics/redwing.jpg" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.bowlingproducts.com/graphics/redwing.jpg" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.bowlingproducts.com/graphics/redwing.jpg" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.bowlingproducts.com/graphics/redwing.jpg" target="_blank">http://www.bowlingproducts.com/graphics/redwing.jpg</a></a></a></a></a></a></a></a></a>

By the way; I still haven't found the use for these [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
                            If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it.&quot; -W.C.Fields

Comment

I would hesitate to use a red wing paddle unless they have finally made them sturdy enough not to break.The yellow wing paddle did not succeed and so far I have had to replace at least 4 out of 6 red wings maybe more I lost count.
                              Well we're safe for now. Thank God we're in a Bowling Center.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X