Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributor Mods.

Hey Everyone. Alright I know everyone has his or her own mod that they believe in when it comes to distributors. I want to know if anyone out there is running succesfully without any mods, and if so, what are the key adjustments pertaining to correct pin orientation.
    thanks ~jake
    Life's a Garden... DIG IT !

Re: Distributor Mods.

MIKE (Clutch Plate)!!!! Here's somebody after your heart. Clutch Plate isn't really into mods and he does have some good running distributors... Myself, I like to try out mods that I see on here.
    Lifes to short to stress on little things.

Comment

Is that even phsicaly posiable? This is just my opinion but anything that is not AMF gnuine parts could be considered a mod of some type.
      There is always more to life, but would someone tell me what it is!

Comment

Most of my distributors are factory. No mods at all in most of them. I rebuild 4 or 5 every summer. 18 lane house means they get rebuilt every 4 years.
        Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

Actually most of the centers I deal with have little or no mods, some experimenters, but by and large most are box stock.

Keep them clean, keep them adjusted, watch out for bent carraige tubes, don't overlube the pinion...........so on and so on.
          Please.....follow the instructions!!

John
          804-240-4982

Comment

I have 32 lanes currently, no mods, I average one dist. jam every two days.

The reason mostly, Excellant Pin rail and O-Pan marriages. If the marriage isn't true, the distributors are pressured to perform at their peak. Excellant distribution will make poor distributors perform well.

Also, I do not have untrained hands messing with adjustments in the back.
            Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

Originally posted by John Isbell:
              Actually most of the centers I deal with have little or no mods, some experimenters, but by and large most are box stock
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's the word I should've used "experiment". I like to "experiment" with mods that I see on here. The only thing I've done to my distributor's that isn't original is remove the belt runner....Other than that all of mine are original.
              Lifes to short to stress on little things.

Comment

keep them clean [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] sure! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                if things aren't going right just use a bigger hammer! DIRT

Comment

So as far as mods go, are we all in agreement that King's mod (belt runner removal) is the best?
                  Life's a Garden... DIG IT !

Comment

Originally posted by sparta lanes:
                    So as far as mods go, are we all in agreement that King's mod (belt runner removal) is the best?
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not my mod.....sorry......Ed observed this mod somewhere and posted it.

Comment

Removing the runner is the best mod we have ever done.

Tim
                      HBOwner

Comment

Yes I agree with the runner removal mod, I have always believed that the 70 Distributor did not fit properly so they compromised, because the angles would'nt allow it, they needed a deeper pan like the 30, which did not have orientator problems if it was maintained properly.

Frank.
                        always doing my best.

Comment

I like to position the pin guide quite low to the pan. Someone else also talked about this in another topic, and I totally agree with what he said. I also keeping the guide quite far back.
                          At the end of the day this adjustment is different for each machine, its just what SHE likes. Dont use any mods at the moment, but if I was to I would be tempted to go with the adding of the rod onto the top of the kidney / pin guide rail. Dont feel that I have enough stops of this problem to warrent doing this.
                          Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

We didn't do any mods to ours and pileups aren't too bad. Humid days make them act up but other than that they run pretty well. I just try to keep up on the clutches and tweak the kidneys every now and again if they get out of adjustment
                            All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

28 lanes, NO MODS, all original!!
                              our most problematic call= pile-up on dist...
                              Cause= ?????? dunno
                              Diagnosis= infection of $$it just happens.
                              Prognosis= Good, I'm on top of it!
                              Treatment= Full work up of cleaning, aligning, greasing and leveling.

" I want to see you back in my office 4 months from now for a follow up"

They don't show back up for a year or so!
                              MODS?? I don't need'um.
                              SIM
                              If its SIMS, its only a game.
                              Just hit reset.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X