Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP Chasis or Solid state chasis?

Can anyone tell me te difference between e MP Chasis and a solid stae chasis of a 82-70 ?Is it possible that we change from MP tot Solid State ?

Thanks

Re: MP Chasis or Solid state chasis?

Solid State chasis is the older type of chasis. This chasis is has 5 or 6 boards, and a different type of C2a,C1 and Masking plug. If you have MP chasis now, I would stay with MP chasis.
    Bas

Comment

Ok thanks , i've seen that on the parts-cd of AMF .Thanks for your respons.

Benny

Comment

Yes, definatly stick with the MP chassis if you already have it!! The c1 & C2A connectors are the same for both, though. The masking socket on most S/S chassis are a green "elco" plug, the MP's have a round "C23" plug.
        I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

MP Chassis is newer. Less problems with MPs than with Solid State units.
          "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Kat:
            MP Chassis is newer, however it is more problematic than the reliable Solid State units.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Fixed.

Comment

King, not doubting your years of experience on 70s, but doesn't one have to "cut out" old components that are bypassed when they start causing problems when adding a wanna-be MP board?
              Granted MPs have their fair share of quirks or defects, but the technology utilized is alot more reliable than the 1960s stuff in the SS units.
              I definitely do not question your years of expertise on 70s and Solid State Chassis, but I'd like to hear some of your viewpoints on what makes MPs more problematic than SS units. This reply is not meant to stir up any hornets' nests nor is it to say I know more than you ('cause actually, I think you know more than me on AMFs). I was just always under the impression that MPs are more reliable than their SS counterparts.

Repectfully submitted,

Kat [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

--Kat

Comment

Jerry is is P-O'd cuz he dosn't have the superior MP chassis.... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

JMO.

The house I have serviced on and off for 6 years have MP's.

They were installed in 89 with Accu +.

At any time, they experience a full host of quirks.

List of unexplainable problems:
                  1. When a ball is thrown, either for the 1st ball of the night or later, no sweep or table movement. You have to hit the program zero button or change chassis.
                  2. They had many more problems with the original boards. The LED later style boards ran much less problematic. They have chassis that will not run with some boards. I just do not find the same problems with SS chassis. All my Omega boards will run all chassis.
                  3. In the typical 2 week period between service, I find at least 3 chassis swaps. When put back on the machines, they may or may not run. In 6 years, I have repaired all burnt pins and scokets twice. Burnt sockets do not contribute to their problems. I or my help only had to take a SS chassis off one of my machines 2 or 3 times this whole season.

I do not doubt that the MP has improvements over the SS, I just think you have to swap boards too often and take chassis off the machines too often disrupting bowlers. A SS with an Omega Tek with good pins and sockets are bulletproof.

As far as knowledge.....I really am not that knowledgeable, just opinionated.

Comment

Originally posted by wb8yjf:
                    Jerry is happy he dosn't have the weak MP chassis.... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

Well, I will admit the Omega Teks have very few problems, BUT if the the boards have to be zeroed when they start up, the problem is 99% in the MP board. Common problem is due to the age of the board . The older MP's tend to have (sometimes) quirky problems due to some of the stuff AMF used when they mfgrd. them. I replace all of these components on the boards when I get them in for a repair - many don't. It takes a lot longer to get the board done, but the weak parts of the board are no longer a factor. Things like the original sockets the MP's were made with can cause a lot of weird problems. Omega Tek solders everything to the board - no sockets. Eliminates "so=so" connection problems. I'm afraid chassis swapping is always going to be a problem One quick check on an MP board is to hit the rest button on the chassis &amp; see if the board dies &amp; has to be restarted by the PBZ on the backend. If that is the case - the board has a problem, abeit a somewhat manageable problem (unless you get tired of PBZ'ing the board). Also another quick check is to see if the PBZ will actually switch ball cycles on the mask, 1st-2nd-back to 1st. If it only switches ONCE &amp; then won't - MP board problem.

The S/S's biggest problem is the moron that decided to mount the T1 xfmr on its side [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img] That wasn't a good idea at all. Also due to the age of the S/S chassis, you run into other age related problems like elco sockets.

All in all , if either is well maintained &amp; problems are noted, either will serve ya well (as long as you put Omega Teks in the S/S!). BUT, the MP chassis has a heckuva lot more room in it &amp; weighs less.... :p

King, consider ur chain pulled.... :p [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

(oops - I meant RESET button!)

Comment

Maybe I have not spent enough time with MP's on a day to day basis.....I have only serviced them....not lived with them like the SS.... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by 82/70 king:
                            Maybe I have not spent enough time with MP's on a day to day basis.....I have only serviced them....not lived with them like the SS.... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jerry:

This is a good point. Perhaps if you had the MPs under your eyes 24/7 like your SS units, the MPs would run equally as well. Who knows why they swapped them out and how much care was taken when swapping boards. I've seen many places take out 9850 boards and toss them onto the catwalks like wrenches.

As far as your problems you listed above, thanks. I was just curious to see what you based your opinion. and, like wbayjf says, the boards are almost always the problem...namely older Mark V and YUCCA boards. The occasional problem of a 24v ice cube relay crapping out or said relay socket becoming loose in its connection (commonly M) adds to frustration alot.

But, you can't beat the S &amp; T and cycle buttons on the side of the chassis...very helpful.

--Kat

Comment

wb"a"yjf? MAN, kat.. I just can't get a break.... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Jon (aka: W B 8 Y J F) [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] :p [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X