Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C90 turn on.

We have 82-90XL`s with Qubica scoring in our centre.
    The problem we have is that there is no back end after run once the machine is turned off from the control desk.The BEM just stops dead leaving lots of balls in the pit that the customers have thrown after their game has finished!
    When the duty engineer tries to clear the back log of balls in the pit by turning the machine back on by way of the switch on the Qubica MIU,it does not turn the C90 on,which in turn causes ball jams at the C90!
    Is there any solution to the two problems we have???
    Any help would be much appreciated!

Re: C90 turn on.

Dont know much about the 90's but i thought they had an overun on the BEM, obviusly not. You could wire up the back end motor and the C90 to a relay and either just have a switch per lane either at control or the backend that operates this or build a timer circuit that runs when power is removed, a simple circuit and relay board put in a box on the curtain wall should suffice. You would just need to be handy with the wiring!!!!
    If Wile E coyote has enough money to by all that Acme crap why doesnt he buy his dinner?

Comment

I would ask Qubica to check this, as the interface may be through the mask and not the front end box.Thus turning off the mask , turns off the machine.It is the chassis that tells the ball return to turn off and the mcu has a special function to enable back end shut off after a game or slow bowling. If the scoring turns the machine on , then the mcu is a manual back up and this should operate the machine.I know that steltronic used to imobilise the pinspotter by using the mask switch to turn the pinspotter on and thus when it is turned off the back end obviously stops.There are centres in the u.k. run by Bowlplex and they have XL machines and Qubica scoring and the interface is through the front end box and they do not have an issue with this.I hope this is a little help for you.
      Miaister

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys.
        In reply to Maister,ref.the scoring turning the m/c on.This is the set up we have.
        One thing I failed to mention, is that in a morning when the duty engineer powers up the machines,the A.M.F. Chassis have to be manually set by way of the manal mode button and then the left/right lane button.Having no other experience with this system,is this the norm or should the chassis be automatically operative on power up?
        The point about the slow bowling shut off that you also mentioned Maister,is also present on only four m/c`s.Does this indicate that the mcu`s for these m/c`s are different to the others?

Comment

I believe you'll have to check with Qubica and inquire about upgrading the machine interface. It will send commands from the scoring to turn on/off the 90's emulating the MCU.
          No more manual mode, and you'll get the 'BE on' audible warning and have a time delay when the lanes is turned off.
          This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

The machines have to be turned on manually because Qubica are using the mask switch to turn the machines on and off, but they have to be in manual mode for this, as they are not using the mcu. The auto back end shut off is special function either 25, 26 or 27,28 . One pair is for auto back end shut off and the other for auto sweep reverse on an offspot.Sorry i cannot remember at the moment.
            Please press special function on the mcu and then enter one of the above numbers, and it will tell you what the function is .e.g.25 on 26 off 27 on 28 off.When you find the correct function it will ask lane number, type in the odd lane number and it will be sent to the chassis thro the comms.DAISY CHAIN CABLE after you press ENTER. Hope this is clear.please let me know if not.
            good luck.
            maister

Comment

Maister,

I worked fro megabowl for a while. The centre I worked in had Qubica and 82-90XL. We had the same set up, also no back end when the machine was turned on from the rear. We just used to live with it. As most of the other guys were new, they just assumed this was normal. It was only me that thought it was a pain..

Comment

Much appreciated info guys!
                I am now much clearer on the system and what steps to take to remedy the problems.
                Thanks again.

Comment

champions league!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yes evertonfc, you may have a go next year,
                    we will be THE champions this year!!!!!
                    If Wile E coyote has enough money to by all that Acme crap why doesnt he buy his dinner?

Comment

evertonfc.7-0,come on!

Comment

yep, id have to agree with triforce,

where were everton?????

Comment

on holiday,the league is over!!!!!,and we are in the champions league!!,hope liverpool emjoy their last game in the compertion on the 25th!!

Comment

Yes it is the last game, we made it to the FINAL of THE greatest competition in football for league teams.......

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                            Working...
                            X