Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ratchet drive problem

Once a day I have a crank weldment (the thing that spins around inside the pulley) that will spin around and balance itself 180degrees out. Holding the lift assembly up and not let the ball in the exit.
    The whole motion from crank to lift arm is totally free. It's just an odd balancing act. I can barely reproduce it manually. It only takes the smallest nudge to get it to go one way or another.
    I've worked on tons of these things and I've never seen this before.
    Anyone seen this and have a fix?
    You gonna eat that?

Re: Ratchet drive problem

Chances are; washers are not correct(lift arm is hitting the side of machine) to solve problem bend the lift arm slightly to clear abstruction.
    If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

If the lift arm is not touching the ball doors then your rod is too short, causing the weldment to skip across the rollers. (Adjust) Lenghen the rod a turn or two and see if the problem goes away. Adjust so that the arm is just above the ball doors. (Enough to actuate from both sides.)

Another cause is that the arm is bent outward from the (missing washer) under the 3/8" special nut.

The bearing can also cause skipping problems if the bearing is close to failing.
      Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

Another cause of this phenomenon is that there are no top hat washers between the eyebolt and the nut and if they are overtightened, then they stick with the lift arm in the raised position.The nuts , as you know , are nyloc and as such only have to be nipped up to the top hat washer, and not wound up tight. try easing off the nuts and check that the top hats are in place and facing the right way round , small side to eyebolt.
        maister

Comment

Are these Vantage or Amf Vantage are spot welded on the center hubs is the weld broke causing the ratchet drive pulley to wobble?

Comment

Check your unibals in the 2 rod ends. They either need grease or the unibal is jammed in the fitting. This is usually my problem with this issue.

Comment

A problem I have encountered with the symptoms you have described, is if the ratchet arm weldment is slightly bent,then it will rub on the crank weldment whilst trying to operate.Even with the correct washers fitted the problem still persists.

Comment

HA! Found it. Was the pull the pull through nipple on the uppper cup liner/starter pad on the lift arm rubbing the cross brace between the lift rails.

I could never find it because it only happened on the last 1/4 inch of upward travel of the lift arm.

Thanks for the input guys.
                You gonna eat that?

Comment

Great...glad you found it. Thanks for letting us know. Another thing we can file away in case something comes up like this for someone else.
                  "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                  1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                  First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                  our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                  Working...
                  X