Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luv Dem Punkins!

I have about 90% pumpkins in my center. They are all curled up at the ball door and I am getting about 10-15 pins inside the carpet a year.
    Is anyone having this problem?

I am slowly replacing them with the AMF Platinum belt.

Re: Luv Dem Punkins!

I put 60 of them on between 2000 and 2001. No curling but they all got "the wave" and hold the 6 lb'ers.

Going platinum myself.

Live and learn????????
    You gonna eat that?

Comment

How long have you ran platinums.....are they that good?

Comment

I have 2 platinums that are starting to fray at the edges. They are fraying at both sides. It is not a tracking issue as they do track nicely and I have not observed the carpet riding one side or the other.
        "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Kat:
          I have 2 platinums that are starting to fray at the edges. They are fraying at both sides. It is not a tracking issue as they do track nicely and I have not observed the carpet riding one side or the other.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Vantage premiums fray at the edges but it does not affect performance.

Can you trip them if need be?

Comment

I have also been slowly changing to the platinums. I have the fraying issue as well, but has not effected the machine in anyway. Even the frayed section doesn't get wrapped around the front roller. Just breaks off into little pieces.

This is by far the best carpet I have used.

Mike
            Mike

Comment

Mike

Comment

Agreed. The fraying does not turn into an unraveling problem and creating a mess with the front or rear roller. I'm hoping it stays this way. All in all not a bad carpet (Platinums), but I still tend to favor the Vantage Premiums.

Pumpkins on the other hand, great for cutting up and using as dust mats under pinsetters...that's it.
                "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

"Pumpkins on the other hand, great for cutting up and using as dust mats under pinsetters...that's it."

Or a good truck bed mat. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I love the green carpets made by Amf. Ihave had only 1 of these carpets fail and it only came apart because some one left somthing on a machine and it fell in to the pit and cut it. The green Split finger gets my vote.
                    They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

bout how long did it take for the platinums to start fraying? I've got a few of em and they still look brand new (because they pretty much are)

Comment

I hate pumpkins. I'm trying to change all mine over. I'm using the vantage super soft carpets. They work fine for me.

Comment

We've got quite a few super softs in, they do run well for us. We also have a few premiums in and man if it were my choice they'd all be premiums, they REALLY hold up well
                          All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

I'm replacing the stretching pumpkins (not me, my "B" does all the work!)with platinums so far 2 out of 10 are fraying but they are MUCH easier too keep clean than the pumpkin or green.
                            Without Mechanics Where Would We Be?

Comment

There you go Dennis,Worldwide credit for the work you do!!!!!!
                              Without Mechanics Where Would We Be?

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X