Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front roller bracket

Have been replacing out quite a few front roller brackets this week.
    (You know how it goes. When one goes the rest of them start to fail also.)

When putting the new bracket on found that they seemed to catch the bottom of the pit support brace. So bent the bottom of the bracket up a bit to gain clearance. But still the bracket would catch the "L" shape lip of the brace.

In the end up, I grinded of the L shape lip and used the hole located in the horizontal part of the kickback, beside the machine leg, to secure the brace firmly.

Has anyone elso come across this? I'm I missing something here?
    Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Re: front roller bracket

Make sure you're using the correct one for the corresponding side. There are 4 different front roller brackets for the 4 different sides.

Odd Common--has longer tail
    Odd Exit Side--has short tail
    Even Common--Has long tail
    Even exit--has short tail.

The exit side ones have shorter tails as not to hit the pit support brace since they sit lower on the kickbacks.
    "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

There are four different front roller support brackets. Somewhere down the road, someone may have installed the wrong bracket without knowing the difference.
      "Gun control is the policy of tyrants"
      Rep. Rob Bishop (R-UT)

Comment

hmmmm, ive always wondered this....

is there any harm in putting nothing but short ones on? I think ive always done this when i didnt have the "right" one, and i cant recall it giving me trouble...

You would just order left and right exits..

Im sure if im wrong, someone here will bitchslap me.
        The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

Yes.....put the correct bracket on please.

Comment

I have also had this problem, and yes, I had the correct support on. When the front roller was on it didnt seem to rub on the crossbrace bolt.

Pinmonkey, using the shorter tailed brackets in the place of the longer tailed ones will not cause a problem. The front roller will still be straight and level. The only difference might be is that the spring will angle down. Both long and short tailed brackets are the same size from the mounting hole to the bearing retainer.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...
            Working...
            X