Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70 & 90's Spotting Cup and Yoke Assy.

Can this part be installed backward? Part #070-002-624 ARM ACT YOKE ASY.

If this is not a fluke or the arm bent out of shape; the answer is yes. The keyway slot does not line up with the bolt slot. Installeds one way,the cups look like this when the Lever Assy. Spot cam bottoms out in the Arm Act Yoke.

Like this when reversed.

This is easier to find sitting on a table in your shop rather than in the machine! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img] . We were lucky enough to find it in the shop! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

If any of this post is incorrect in any way please advise.
    Tks
    Ken

Re: 70 & 90's Spotting Cup and Yoke Assy.

When looking from 7 side, the keyway should always be installed closest to rear of machine (or about the 6:30 position) when the cups are in their relaxed position.
    "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

With the arms that have a part# cast on them…
      Triangle symbol goes to the inside, part number to the outside.

However, I did have one arm that was miss marked and another that has no marks and another with no part number but the triangle symbol. The rest of my arms are marked correctly.

Triac

Comment

Originally posted by triac:
        With the arms that have a part# cast on them…
        Triangle symbol goes to the inside, part number to the outside.

However, I did have one arm that was miss marked and another that has no marks and another with no part number but the triangle symbol. The rest of my arms are marked correctly.

Triac
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm not sure I would trust any stamping on parts. Many times there are minimum wage guys who never even seen a pinsetter (like me :p )who are responsible for stamping parts, etc. and sometimes things just get through. If I told my help to use arrows and such, they would be overlooking the theory on how things are put together and why...relying too much on others' work. Like carpet belts; we all know they have the "Rotation Arrow", but I always check the seam just to make sure. Check twice, install it once.

--Kat

Comment

Re: 70 &amp; 90's Spotting Cup and Yoke Assy.

Thanks fellas for posting. Thought we had seen a post where someone had changed a yoke and couldn't get the pins to spot. This very well could have been his problem.

When you have a tip like this you should post it for the new techs or the guys like me that haven't worked on 70's in 35 years! In the old days the machines ran like sewing machines. We didn't have all this distributor, bin, shuttle and pins be jamming between table and shuttle problems. They ran BETTER than "B" machines!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
          Tks again
          Ken

Comment

Originally posted by Kat:
            When looking from 7 side, the keyway should always be installed closest to rear of machine (or about the 6:30 position) when the cups are in their relaxed position.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Kat,

Both of our advice could be questionable. Remember were giving advice to some generation x techs. Next question will be…what position is 6:30 on a digital clock and does it matter if it’s am or pm? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Triac

Comment

Very ture triac, very true.

--Kat

Comment

I've installed a few 'rebuilt' machines where they had this on wrong. Took me a while the first time!
                This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Originally posted by triac:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Kat:
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Kat,

Both of our advice could be questionable. Remember were giving advice to some generation x techs. Next question will be…what position is 6:30 on a digital clock and does it matter if it’s am or pm? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

to the rear?

Triac
                  </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No more questions fellas. What about 185 degrees out with the extra 5 degrees above the waterline to the rear?

Comment

It can be reversed.

I had to to a service job somewhere they changed the yoke assy and the machine would not spot pins.

The keyway is not centered.

Comment

Kingram.....why do you not ger rid of the troublesome respot cell plastic inserts when you rebuild a table?......when they break the roll pin is a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by 82/70 king:
                        Kingram.....why do you not ger rid of the troublesome respot cell plastic inserts when you rebuild a table?......when they break the roll pin is a problem.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">King, what is your setup? Do you not run plastic inserts at all or do you have new fingers that have the snap on inserts?

I have the same setup as Kingram. They rarely break, and if they do its pretty quick to replace the insert in machine.

Comment

I use the snap-ins as well. This way, you don't have an exposed roll pin binding up your cells if it falls out or breaks.

Comment

Originally posted by Clutch Plate:
                            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by 82/70 king:
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">King, what is your setup? Do you not run plastic inserts at all or do you have new fingers that have the snap on inserts?

I have the same setup as Kingram. They rarely break, and if they do its pretty quick to replace the insert in machine.
                            </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Vantage snap ins.

Comment

I have both styles, and I am changing to the 82/90 snap in style slowly.

I do agree that the roll pin creates problems and I usually just remove it.

Mike
                              Mike

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X