Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laminated cushion planks

Is anyone else having problems with them splitting down the middle? I have replaced 6 in the last year. One only lasted a month. All my newer solid planks are holding up great.

Who makes a solid plank? I know JCP and AMF no longer make them solid.

Mike
    Mike

Re: Laminated cushion planks

What brand are the one's that are splitting?

BAMM

Comment

Stahls black planks are virtually indestructible. I have had no issues with the plank at all. Add a stahls cover with just the top 6 holes cut out and you have a great cushion to last.

Wang

Comment

So far it's just the JCP boards, I have only had the AMF ones for 2 months. But they look almost identical to the JCP boards. The AMF boards don't have that cheap metal support, or screws.

I ordered the AMF ones thinking they were still solid, then to find out they were laminated.

Mike
        Mike

Comment

Originally posted by MCSS:
          So far it's just the JCP boards, I have only had the AMF ones for 2 months. But they look almost identical to the JCP boards. The AMF boards don't have that cheap metal support, or screws.

I ordered the AMF ones thinking they were still solid, then to find out they were laminated.

Mike
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So far my laminated AMF planks look good. They have been in for about a year or so.

Comment

I am testing laminated planks for an aftermarket mfg...........it is holding up well.....

Some companies make certain items great....other item only so so.

Comment

The 90's we just put in were laminated - like the kickbacks.
              Time will tell!!!!!!!
              This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

AMF started with the laminated planks a couple of years ago. So far all that I have installed are still solid as a rock. Just keep good pads and rubber on them. That is what takes the real shock.

Comment

Good, at least people are having good luck with the AMF planks. Of the AMF ones I do have installed they still look new.

All my cushions have new rubber, rubber sponge, and the velcro cushion facings. So far the cushions facings are wearing good. Have one that's been in a year and a half and starting to show sings of slight wear.

Thanks for your input.

Mike
                  Mike

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                  1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                  First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                  our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                  Working...
                  X