Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8270 Chassis

I have 2 Chassis with Omega Tech Boards where the sweep is going up from 2nd gaurd on TA1. I thought it was the boards but those boards work fine in other chassis. What am I missing? It doesn't seem to be causing any problems but it looks bad.
    Needs more duct tape.

Re: 8270 Chassis

a little more info would help you out on this. off the bat it sounds like cams to me if its on the same machine. more input and these guys will help you out.
    Don't mind me, what you read is invisible.

Comment

You have older Omega tek boards. Newer Omega tek boards raise the sweep on TA2 which doesnt look bad. If you are really that concerned about it you can send the board back to Omega tek and they will will modidify it free of charge. Just make sure you put a note on the board explaining what you want done.

Wang

Comment

I think that you mean that the sweep is lifting from 2nd guard to 0 before the table which exposes the table for a split second especially during spotting. Am I correct?
        Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

I have a couple of lanes that do the same thing. It could be the Omega Tech board or mabye the machine wiring. I have never been that concerned with it to even look into it.

IMO, dont worry about it and fix stuff thats really causing problems.

Comment

I believe that the boards manufactured in 1984 and before run of TA1 to lift the sweep to gaurd. You can find the date of production stamped on the corner of the PCB.
            I also have one board like this and I dont like the table being that exposed. Especially with the types of open bowlers round my way that seem to close there eyes whilst bowling!
            Machine? what machine??
            Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

I have modified all of mine.
              Yeah but, We've always done it that way.

Comment

Like these guys say, the older boards will do that (just like the 5 boards did) exposing the table for a breif moment, newer boards allow the table to go to 0 before the sweep raises.
                I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Then why will these boards work fine in other chassis? The problem is moving with the chassis not the board.
                  Needs more duct tape.

Comment

Very strange. Are there any differences in the jumper board in the #3 slot?

Also, the old Omega-Teks have two different ribbon cable assys. Maybe this is where the difference lies. Don’t know…very strange.

Triac

Comment

Our machine have had their TA1 and TA2 N.O. wires swapped (in the wireway). This causes the sweep to wait until TA2 to raise with the table - and worked when we had 5 boards. So you don't need Omegas to get this feature if you want it.

We now have Omega Teks, so the TA1 N.O. input (which is actually TA2 N.O. on our machines) is no longer used (hence our wireway mod became redundant, but was retained since it didn't hurt).

In darkhalf's case, I'm not sure if the mod has been done in the chassis wiring or the machine wiring. If you move the chassis and the behaviour moves with the chassis (which you alluded to), then the mod must have been done in some of your chassis (and not others).

One possible chassis mod might be moving C2A-39 to C2A-25 (assuming C2A-25 is empty on the chassis and connects to TS-32 in the wireway, which it does on ours). BUT! It depends on your existing machine/chassis wiring and what other mods have been made (and I have not tried this, so don't sue me if your machines blow up [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] ).

If the behaviour actually stays with a machine, then you could find out where the mod was done (probably two wires switched in the wireway at TS32 and TS45) and copy it to the other machines.

Note: you cannot have mods in some chassis and some machines. Different mods might not play nicely, or may cancel eachother out!.

Andrew.

Comment

you can go into the cams on the table side and switch the grey and brown wires and that pesky little thing will go away. All this does is make the sweep wait for the table to go up. I've had alot of 5 boards that have done the same thing.
                        They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair:
                          I believe that the boards manufactured in 1984 and before run of TA1 to lift the sweep to home.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I read this in the AMF manual:

Has anyone of you checked if the 90xl chassis use TA1 for 2nd guard to home for sweep?

Comment

Any info to add Maister on the 90XL manual?
                            Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                            Working...
                            X