Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pivot post

Who loves those pivot post replacements for the front roller hatchets? I tell ya' the mechanic before me would not be alive if I had my choice. This things have gone 2 years without any grease or service to them. I'm doin' a fair amount of cutting, grinding and drilling if ya know what I mean. Boy when it's all said and done there is nothing better that a good rollin' roller!
    There is always more to life, but would someone tell me what it is!

Re: Pivot post

If you're talking about the Enviro bushings (lubelss fittings), they're fantastic. Every pit that is serviced, gets these. Clean the posts up real well, and slap 'em in. I'm also converting to the Enviro sweep "oilites" on the tops (under the catwalks).
    "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Kat,can you post part #'s for the enviro and who you get them from? Thanks
      Without Mechanics Where Would We Be?

Comment

Originally posted by Kat:
        If you're talking about the Enviro bushings (lubelss fittings), they're fantastic. Every pit that is serviced, gets these. Clean the posts up real well, and slap 'em in. I'm also converting to the Enviro sweep "oilites" on the tops (under the catwalks).
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think he is talking about the replacement stud.

If I had to replace one, I would replace the rear side plate nad do it off the machine.

Comment

Originally posted by gw407:
          Kat,can you post part #'s for the enviro and who you get them from? Thanks
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Call Ed Fox @ EBN Services. This is where I get mine from.

--Kat

Comment

Originally posted by 82/70 king:
            I think he is talking about the replacement stud.

If I had to replace one, I would replace the rear side plate nad do it off the machine.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Indeed you are right King. I need to read more carefully before opening my mouth. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif[/img]
            OK, I'll leave now.

--Kat

Comment

I also replace all front rollers with them. The enviro bushings can help save the studs.
              off to the nudie bar

Comment

Kat...still a great post, no one needs to replace a pivot stud and not install an Enviro.....great mod for protecting the stud.
                Peanut

Comment

Peanut:

Very true. While the Enviro is a little more costly than the standard oilite, to me it is like insurance of not having to go through the added expense (parts &amp; labor) of having to replace a shaft due to the hatchet seizing up. Spend the couple of extra bucks now and never have to worry about it again.

--Kat

Comment

I need to get a hold of those enviro bushings. sounds like the are the best thing since chessecake [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] !
                    There is always more to life, but would someone tell me what it is!

Comment

I have posted this before. Get a $20 air powered die grinder from wall mart, menards, home depot, or wherever with an arbor for a 3" cut off disk. Cut the plug weld off and rock the post up and down with a vise grip. 20 minute job tops. Use Stahl's counter bored washer if you wish.
                      Yeah but, We've always done it that way.

Comment

We use an electric die grinder as well, stuff lots of wet rags around the area to keep the sparks in check, fire extinguishers nearby too.

You can use a 3/4" 6 point deep socket with a slot ground across it to help install the studs.

Put a bolt through the hole in the stud, put the socket over the stud so the slot goes over the bolt, hold the nut and rachet the stud in place.

Beats doing the 1/2 turn thing with a punch.
                        I have a photo if anyone cares to host it.

We also use 3 flat washers instead of one, on some machines the nut will run out of thread before it is really tight, a few months later and the stud can start moving and egg out the frame.
                        Please.....follow the instructions!!

John
                        804-240-4982

Comment

i address my pivot problems the long and tedious way

once a month i take a lane out and totally strip the backend assy

rebuild the pit, repair any faulty nuts that are welded on the machine frame and last of all grind the original pivots off the machine frame and install the new pivots

currently where i am at, the techs previous haven't ground the old weld off they have just bolted the new pivots on, this causing the pivots not to sit flush and lockup the front roller hinges

it might take a bit of time, but i feel the pride in the job, and the performance of the outcome make it the right way to go

i have also seen centres physically bend the pivots until they snap off, now their machine frames are warped and buckled terribly.

i just installed my first plantinum carpet and i believe its so important to get best results from day one
                          i don't need mods, i am a bloody genius

Comment

i also have a problem at the moment where i am, that the previous techs have stretched all the front roller springs from putting them on in the most dangerous and brutal way

but i'll get through them problems over the next few months
                            i don't need mods, i am a bloody genius

Comment

Vantage has a cupped washer that covers the weld on the back side of the kickback for those who are cutting the pivots off and drilling out the hole. Part #V000029015-W.

Pete

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X