Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Roller hinge springs

Well,it's that time of the year for pit overhauls.Yea!(NOT)
    Last summer we decided to replace all our fr.roller hinge springs w/some nice new fresh ones from Vantage.We then soon had issues with carpets "stalling"/bearly turning.For a quicky fix to get us through the season,we pulled rear rollers on offending pit(s),stuck some skateboarders tape on said rollers,reinstall and was o.k. for season.
    So,were starting w/worst ones first,gutting pits & putting old (glad I saved 'em)springs back on.Yes! Stalling problem goes away.
    W.T.F.?-I'm thinkin'.Grab V spring that I just removed from pit and also grabbed old original.Well,well-The V spring was about 3/16"- 1/4" LONGER.
    Am currantly researching having some SHORTER springs manufactured fron an outfit in Illinois.Am on hold as to determine cost effectiveness...
    No knock @ "V" folks;just thought ya'll might like knowin'.

Hugs & kisses,

FATTY
    fatty

Re: Front Roller hinge springs

Aw c'mon Mike.
    Can't I have my avatar back?It was a beaut!

FATTNESS
    fatty

Comment

Whats up marv The V guys are now working to correct alot of the past problems with the things they had wrong and so far I am impressed with there out come. PJ has realy gone to great lenths this year to make sure that there prodocts will last and be like the oem ones of the past.
      They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

I know vantage maybe working on some stuff but they still have some issues to work out. Alot of their springs arent the right size. Vantage spring # V 070 006 035 for the distributor is wound way too tight. its almost 3/4 of a turn when the default is 1/2. The pins wont even go over the trip arms. I dont even think an old PBA gold pin would go over with that spring. The vantage linear spring for the dist is longer too. Sometimes i have to stretch it farther up on the dist to get the same tension as an amf spring. Again Im not bashing vantage as Im sure they have great parts. I am also glad to hear they are dedicated to fixing the problems they have and hopefully they do.

Wang

Comment

DAMMIT #^%@)(!^&*%^$#

I put Vantage roller hinge springs in the pit I rebuilt today.

One day earlier and I would have thrown them in the trash.....now they are on lane 9 to cause me problems.

Comment

That's good to know. I was just about to order some of those dist. springs.
            Gotta love Bowl Tech!
            There is always more to life, but would someone tell me what it is!

Comment

i dont swap the springs out unless they are , uh, well i never change em out. The old ones still seem to have better tension than a lot of the new ones.

I do ALOT of business with Vantage, but i will say that I probably have "issues" with about five to ten percent of their parts ( holes that dont line up, bearing noise, flimsy, etc.)
              The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

Didn't intend a "V" bash as we here at this center(s) are quite fond of alot of their stuff...
                Just givin y'all a heads up on the fr. roller springs.
                Will also let you know about the cost effectiveness as posted in original post...

MARF
                fatty

Comment

The vantage spring for the distributor is a shame. Well its totally useless as it doesnt work for the job its intended! As said due to the fact that it is wound to tight. Glad some else mentioned this!
                  Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

There is away that you can use the Dist spring you guys are talking about all you have to doo is add 1 or 2 washers to the stop bumper on the head of the distributo I do it on eathier vantage or Amf spring just so the end Fingers sit a little lower so it is easier to trip the trip rod.
                    They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

with al this in mind what bp supports do u guys use

Comment

Thanks Dustin for the support. You are all correct in that we have an up hill battle to keep improving our parts. Once the improvements have been made there is a time lag and communication issue that has to be resolved. I know that we have fixed the issue with the V 000 006 035 spring. Now it set at the position for only a half of a turn.

My question to everyone now is how I get the word out that something has been fixed or improved based upon the feedback from mechanics. I know Jerry has been testing cushion planks for us and now this is the production model.

We have a mechanic in Denver that is a consultant for us helping us through the issues. He training our assembly people and working with our designers and engineers to make sure that we make the best product possible.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at Vantage when ever there is an issue. I'm willing to check out any quality issue or concern anyone might have.
                        P J Rosendahl
                        www.bowlingfactoryoutlet.com

Comment

The cushion planks are top notch!

Comment

I've never put new springs on either. Just put the same ones back on I took off.
                            Give me a hammer and some duct tape and I can fix it!

Comment

Hey guys,
                              I know now that Zima has some catching up to do with respect to some dependability issues, but there is one thing I loved with these machines:

The front roller spring had a tensioner!
                              The spring on the pivot was connected to, what I call, an all-thread extention.
                              It extended to the back, throught a hole in the plow bottom, that running in a nut could add tension to the pivot spring tension.
                              So a new carpet could have a lot of tension on the pivot ot keep it running, then as it got 'broke in', you could reduce the tennsion on the pivot.
                              This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X