Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweep won't run

I know this has been posted before, but, I got a machine that the sweep won't run on. I found a piece of metal in the wireway. Got it out and checked the caps and wiring. Everything looked good. Put it back together and nothing. since then,

changed chassis-no good
    changed caps-no good
    changed motor and gearbox-no good
    plugged table plug into sweep, it runs
    changed a couple of pins in c-1-no good
    I'm getting voltage at the motor plug
    I'm scratching my head here, HELP!!
    "When you eliminate the impossibilities, whatever is left, no matter how illogical, must be the answer"

Re: Sweep won't run

Check the low voltage switch at the control panel. Put a jumper on it or see if it is open.
    Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

changed sweep reverse relay-no good

Which switch? The sweep run or cycle?
      "When you eliminate the impossibilities, whatever is left, no matter how illogical, must be the answer"

Comment

Instructomat.
        Either the scoring, or the managers control may have the machine in shadow bowl.
        Disconnect the wires on terminal 5 & 6 in the A&MC that go everywhere except the A&MC plug.
        Short these. If the machine cycles, there is a problem outside the A&MC.
        Hook up the 2 wires to the desk (M.C. switches) and see if it cycles.
        If it is AMF scoring, the LIU lane 'A' board could be bad - try swapping the boards.
        In the machine (back end control box), the sweep reverse switch could be bad as well as the sweep control switch. You can jump the sweep control switch to see if it is bad.
        This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

No the motor is humming and then it trips the klixon. Only with the sweep plug hooked up. If I plug the table plug into it it works. We have Qubica scoring and XOP conversion.

Comment

Well If the motor is humming it could be a bad cent mech swtich, but when you plug the table motor plug in there it works. That tells us the sweep motor/gearbox is good. You siad you changed caps and pins in the c1 plug. Next place to look is the sweep motor plug. Take it apart and made sure you dont have any bad connections there.

Wang

Comment

Start Capacitor in the wireway. that is why it runs with the table plug. It is now using the table caps.

Comment

Mike

He said he changed the caps?

Wang

Comment

I agree with Wang - it looks like you've eliminated almost everything except the sweep motor cable.

One other thing may be the sweep reverse switch as Ted suggested. A quick check would be simply to try running the motor backwards using the sweep reverse switch, since often they fail on one side of the switch only, not both.

Cheers,
                  Andrew.

Comment

Origonally posted by Beowulf:
                    Got it out and checked the caps and wiring. Everything looked good. Put it back together and nothing. since then,
                    __________________________________________________ ____________

He also said nothing in his origonal post of the motor humming.

Comment

Originally posted by WangJ:
                      Well If the motor is humming it could be a bad cent mech swtich, but when you plug the table motor plug in there it works. That tells us the sweep motor/gearbox is good. You siad you changed caps and pins in the c1 plug. Next place to look is the sweep motor plug. Take it apart and made sure you dont have any bad connections there.

Wang
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Good call Wang, I'm with ya here. Have seen this too many times, take that plug apart and check all connections there
                      All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Hmm, found a piece of metal in the wireway huh? The chances are that it has shorted something out. About the only thing left that nobody has suggested yet is the resistors that sit right near the caps under the wireway.

Have a good look at them and use a multimeter to compare them with the table motor resistors. Change them if something doesn't look right.

Ray
                        Ray Jordan
                        Cybernetic Solutions/tenpintec
                        Australia

Comment

Good call Ray.

Also check that the two green resistors aren't touching each other. This can cause problems too.
                          If the problem isnt in the plug either then my guess its going to be outside the machine, as Ted suggested.
                          Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

did he visually check the caps

or did he metre them with a suitable multimetre

i still reckon its a cap

has he tried taking his table motor off and plugging it into the sweep???
                            i don't need mods, i am a bloody genius

Comment

Originally posted by craigchandler:
                              did he visually check the caps

or did he metre them with a suitable multimetre

i still reckon its a cap

has he tried taking his table motor off and plugging it into the sweep???
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">GEE what are you smoking or drinking! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]
                              did you even bother reading beowulfs first post!
                              did you just get chased by a crocodile!
                              if things aren't going right just use a bigger hammer! DIRT

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X