Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shuttle Adjustments

What are your thought on lowering the shuttle closer to the table to say 1 1/4 from 7/8? The reason for this would be to allow the pins to sit lower in the bins. The second stack would hit the "foot" more solid and not shoot over to the side (mostly 6pin). The reason for this is the shuttle got bent up from a table jam. They do run much better with the pin lower in the bin. What are your thoughts on this? Just wondering.

Re: Shuttle Adjustments

I just lower the whole bin and shuttle assy. this stops double shuttling and the pins slide easier into the cups. this is good to do if you have wood decks that have been sanded a lot. this brings the bin and shuttle back in coralation with the table.

Comment

Also, why do some shuttles have a greater gap at the back on the 10 pin side? The shuttle is slanted. The black spring moved over will not compensate for the twist. What is causing this?

Comment

The shaft in the front of the shuttle twists over the years. Stupid design, the shuttle actuator is on the 7 pin side & no support at all on the 10 pin side.Someday,that shaft will break, & when a new shaft is installed,the back of the shuttle will be straight once again.
        I never had a "10" ;..but ,one night after closing,..I did five " 2's" !

Comment

If you want your shuttle to track evenly on both sides try this little trick. I've been doing this for a number of years now and its worked quite well. First, take a couple of 1 1/2 wide metal strips about 6" or so and bend them at 1" so you have a right angle. Empty the bin. Take the spring that pulls the shuttle forward off. Next get under the machine on the 10 pin side. Take the 10 pin side drive arm off the shaft. Remove the key from the shaft, and replace the arm on the shaft and shuttle. DO NOT tighten the arm to the shaft yet. Take the two pieces of metal and using vise grips clamp them to the top of the bin so they hang down below the shuttle and are supported by the back of the bin. Take a light spring and hook it to the shuttle so as to draw it up against the two pieces of metal hanging down. as the shuttle moves forward, it now squares itself on the two pieces of metal. You will also notice the 10 pin side arm move on the shaft too. Once the shuttle is against the metal securely then go ahead and tighten down the clamp stud on the arm. I used a stover lock nut to make sure that it will not come loose. Remove the light spring, metal and reconnect the regular shuttle spring. Now when the shuttle goes forward, it will go straight.

AMF DOCTOR
          The doctor makes house calls.
          AMF DOCTOR
          The doctor makes house calls.
          http://s427.photobucket.com/home/AMFDOCTOR/index

Comment

Could you post a pic of that.....
            Thanks
            Peanut

Comment

The shuttle's two front arms can be perfectly parallel and your shuttle may still show more on one side than the other. This can be because the shuttle "rack" is not square!
              To check this, empty the bin and look at the relationship between the shuttle linear (front-to-back) tubes and the bin stringers. Adjust the spring to get them in line. If they do not line up, then the problem is in the front arms or the front mounting brackets. To correct this, disconnect the spring, lower the table, disconnect shuttle at the rear rods, lower the rear of the shuttle rack and force it over in the direction needed to make them line up. Reconnect the rods and observe the gap at both sides. If it is still greater at one end tahn the other, then the rack is out of square and needs to be corrected.
              To correct: with the table still down a bit and the bin empty, hold a block of wood between the bin rear channel and the shuttle rear tube at the side where the gap is less. While holding the block firmly, give the other side a shove forward. Repeat until the both sides match.
              Lowering the rear of the rack? OK, but only if (after years if sanding) the machine is still at the original height (19" off the deck) AND the table has been lowered.

Comment

Bowlequip has it the way I do it, although I like the sounds of AMFDoctor's bit, so I'm going to try that next time i need to. Thanks
                the best tech knows the correct moderation needed when swinging a 2lb lump hammer...... OUCH!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                Working...
                X