Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cushion plank

hi all,
    just a small problem,on one of my lanes,when a heavy ball(12+)hits the cushion plank without hitting a pin,the ball bounces back onto the the lane,hitting the inside of the sweep most of the time(and knocking some pins over which the camera does not see),ive changed the support boxes,the shields and moved the vibration spring up and down,but it still happens!!.
    any ideas?
    thanks

Re: cushion plank

Sound like the pit itself is to high. Or the shock is not giving at all. Or it could be the link that the shock is attached to is Upside down. This may sound funny but I have seen that before.
    They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

ive changed the shock,tighten it and loosed it,but still the same,i have not had to change the bounce plates or pit supports,as the pit is fine,this has just recently started happening
      thanks.

Comment

Try to isolate it without doing too much work.

First, I would definately measure the shock distance, then swap it with a neighbor machine.

Pit support may be broken also.
        Usually, if a pit support is broken, it will feel spongy and maybe rock a little when you walk on it. The dampeners will give a little, it won't be ridged.

Measure the height of the pit. Lay flat edge on the pindeck. With a tape measure, measure from the flatedge to the pit in several areas. Check with a good lane.

Hope you find it soon on the 7-10 will be cake on that lane. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
        Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

Common sypmtom of the shock bracket being flipped upside down; putting the cushion closer to the tailplank.
          "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Just a thought:
            By mistake, I put a 30's cushion tube weldment into a 70 once, never ran it the bottom of the cushion looked high enough to allow a ball to slip under, and the angle of the plank looked capable of flipping a ball back onto the pindeck.
            Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

It definitely sounds like there is no give in the shock absorber. It may be worth switching it with another lane and seeing if the problem goes with it.
              Good luck.
              Maister

Comment

I have seen the shock bracket flipped and it did not cause that type of problem. Definetly sounds like a bad shock.

Heres the shock test: Pull out your half moon from your pinwheel, grab the bottom of cushion plank(middle) and pull towards back of machine, then release cushion. If shock is bad all you will feel is the spring doing the work. There should be a gentle return of the cushion if shock is good. A bad shock will also cause premature wear of cushion weldment.

Comment

The shock bracket is flipped.

Kat nailed it down.

Comment

Just for laughs, put a straight edge on the pin deck to be sure the tail plank doesn't have a rise. A ball could be lofted up and impact the upper portion of the cushion and bounce back on the deck. I ran into this problem at a small house that I used to service. They had been living with the problem for months.
                    "Gun control is the policy of tyrants"
                    Rep. Rob Bishop (R-UT)

Comment

Originally posted by 82/70 king:
                      The shock bracket is flipped.

Kat nailed it down.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I will bet the shock is also bad.

Comment

I'm glad to see this post as I have 2 lanes, both even, doing the same thing. I'll check the brackets tomorrow. And I have tried several shocks on each lane. Thanks guys!!!
                        Gene Simmons for president!!!

Comment

Originally posted by toon30s:
                          I'm glad to see this post as I have 2 lanes, both even, doing the same thing. I'll check the brackets tomorrow. And I have tried several shocks on each lane. Thanks guys!!!
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If the brackets are flipped, it is very noticable. The cushion angles foreward probably 4-6 inches. If you havent noticed it yet, its probably okay.

Comment

the brackets are not flipped,the shock is ok,ive moved it to a different lane,must be something to do with the lane or the pit i think!!
                            thanks

Comment

Let us know what you find.
                              &quot;Gun control is the policy of tyrants&quot;
                              Rep. Rob Bishop (R-UT)

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X