Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lane turns on in 2nd ball

I have a lane that when it is turned on it is in 2nd ball even though it is 1st ball when turned off. I have tried different chassis. That is the only thing that I would figure to cause that. Any other Ideas would be helpfull.
    SGT
    U.S. Army/AVN
    Retired

Re: lane turns on in 2nd ball

Take the Auxiliary board out in your chassis.....this is assuming you have SS chassis.

Comment

Yea, what kind of chassis/machine ?
      I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

The A&MC box has #3 position says that it is ball check. #4 position is empty.

Does anyone know exactly what this does?
        Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

Terminal #3 for each lane are the ball return control.
          If you shorted the 2 number 3 terminals, the ball return comes on.
          All other terminals are lane specific.
          1 & 2 - cycle
          5 & 6 - on/off
          7 & 8 - foul
          This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

I guess I could have added that info. Hurrying to get to work. Anyway 82-70, 9800 single boards and also ultra 98's. Have tried both styles. Problem stays with machine. We have BOSS scoring. The only thing that I could think is that the MIU is crashing on me. will have to try that when I get to work tommorrow. I will keep you posted.
            SGT
            U.S. Army/AVN
            Retired

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the MIU has anything to do with what ball cycle the machine is on.

Comment

Unless perhapse the machine was turned off in 1st ball but when turned on the next time it cycled thus putting it into second ball-but you did not state that it cycled when turned on.

Comment

The A & MC position 3 and 4 this is, if you run a separate twincore from each pinspotter. This is the old way we used to do it to allow each machine to find the return on that machine.Now with only using number 3 , (say) you use one wire from one lane (normally Yellow) and the brown wire from the opposite machine , in the same pair. This enables either machine to turn the top end ball return on and off and is not necessarily lane specific.This used to be the old 30's method where voltage was applied from the pinspotter.
                  maister

Comment

It could be the MIU not zeroing correctly or the CPU but iw ould be interested if you find anything else.
                    maister

Comment

I found out the other day that lane 5 during an off spot cycle; when you hit the sweep reverse to raise the sweep. it did not matter were you stopped it. The sweep would come back down, sweep the deck and set a rack. From the mgr control panel it works perfect. Changed chassis problem stayed with machine. Changed the MIU and it worked perfect. I did not think that that would effect it but it did. The only thing I could think of was that the Miu was telling the machine it was a foul instead of an offspot. When I reversed the sweep it reset the cams causing it to sweep the deck. I THINK>
                      SGT
                      U.S. Army/AVN
                      Retired

Comment

sorry Tablejam, Thinking about a different problem. No it doesnt cycle. Just when you turn it on it is in 2nd ball. It will be a couple of days before I find out. I am taking time off. I'll keep you posted.
                        SGT
                        U.S. Army/AVN
                        Retired

Comment

This means the MIU was stuck in a mode - getting its commands from the BO.
                          I'd really have to see the manifestations of this cycle function to diagnose the problem.
                          This actually sounds like they have Qubica scoring and it's sending it's cycle signal as the machine is not in 1st ball when turned on.
                          This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

I agree with MIU. Dosn't sound like an MP board problem - 'specially since ya said you swapped it out....
                            I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

going to work tonight. will swap out MIU and see if that fixes it. keep you posted.
                              SGT
                              U.S. Army/AVN
                              Retired

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X