Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stabiliser rods

Was changing out a bent table stabiliser rod today (God knows how they end up getting that bent by the way?) and was wondering if there was any specific way of doing this?
    Manual states clearly that the rods must be turned the same number of turns each when balancing the table from front to back.
    When I replaced the rod, all I did was to measure the length of the opposite one, from mid nut to mid nut, and adjust the new rod to this length.
    Is there a set measument or procedure that you guys use?
    Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Re: Stabiliser rods

Nope. Really all they do is insure that your table stays level. I always check for level when the table is in a spoting position. Just adjust to make sure you can still spot pins. The way you did it is also ok. it is what ever is comfortable to you.
    They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

Sorry I meant to say that they keep the table level from front to rear.
      They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

The problem with measuring the other rod, is that both rods might not be equal length to begin with. This is because the table might have been cocked one way in order to get the flags properly positioned.

When only replacing one rod (as long as there is no spotting problems), I will measure the rod removed and set the replacement the same. When reinstalling, it might need fine tuned to get the pins on spot to where they were to begin with.

If you find the pins to be on spot but the table level is off, then you have to start from scratch and set the table on the deck (clevis removed) and get both rods so that they will slide off the rear bolts. Then both rods will need to be turned together equal turns to establish level.

Comment

The rods control the tilt of the table, front to rear. When properly adjusted, the table should be level ON BOTH SIDES. If it isn't, adjust the rods so that it is. Once the table is level, equal adjustments on both sides should be effective.

As to how they get bent, I believe it is from the table coming down on an obstruction causing the table to rock forward. Just a guess, as I have never seen it happen.

RR

Comment

I should have also mentioned (just incase you or someone else were unaware)….when I refer to level I mean parallel to the pindeck at all three points 1,7,10.

I have seen to many guys try to reach these three points with the rod adjustment only. Many times this cannot (and should not) be done with the rods themselves and shims would be needed under the table support weldment on the high side.

As mentioned …the rods are only used for front to rear “level” and this is why they should be adjusted together after they have a starting point of being equal but not necessarily the same length.

Comment

The easiest way i find is to re balance the table .
              Leave the spot and respot rods connected and then rotate the table rods until the rear of the table is on the pindeck and both rods are totally weightless.Then turn both rods together the same amount. This way you level the table front to back. This way you can be sure that the rods are pulling evenly on each side and not twisting the table supports.
              I have seen , as triac says , people tweeking this way and that way and all that happens is the table is being pulled out of position on spotting and return to zero from spotting.
              Good luck.
              maister

Comment

Measuring the rod was a starting point. I eventually did as was written above. I had both rods at there lossest, ie with no tension on them and then rotated them till the table was level. With a slight tilt to the front, as no pins were in it at the time of leveling!
                Thanks for all the responses.

Comment

when adjusting the stabilizer rods I just get 2 2x4s the width of the deck and stand em on their sides I put 1 at the front of the table at the head pin spot and the other at the 7-10 line as long as ya have the table resting on those boards at the front and back of the table your pretty level.....this works good with the deck on the bruns machines as well
                  DEFINITION OF MANAGER IN THE 21ST CENTURY: (ADULT BABYSITTER)

Comment

Doesn't anyone use the cup/bin guage like it was designed for?
                    This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Ted,
                      I guess only the new guys who were taught by John Isbell.
                      Well we're safe for now. Thank God we're in a Bowling Center.

Comment

I still use the gauges Ted.

How many of you old-timers that lived on 30's still use the front roller shield to level the table?
                        Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

The gauge is the one of the handiest tools in my tool box!

Comment

Not only do you get the table level, you get it the right height!
                            This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

I use the gauge at the 1,7,10. That’s how I know the table is not only parallel to the deck at all three points, but also the correct height.

Triac

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X