Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omega Tek boards

Has anyone ever sent in or modified the older Omega Tek boards to make the sweep go up to 0 on TA2 instead of TA1. I sent 1 board to stahls and Jamie modified it for me and sent me instructions. I have found 10 boards so far in 32 lanes that needed to be modified. Got 32 lanes to check. Hopefully there isnt too many. However its definately alot nicer to see the sweep and table go up together instead of the sweep beating the table home.

Wang

Re: Omega Tek boards

No I do the fix on the machine so I can make the machine avalible in five to ten minutes. Call or pm me and I'll tell you how.
    They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

Who cares as long as it runs ok.

I have never seen a table hit.

Comment

I care Jerry. I have seen a table hit and a portion of the table infront of the 1 pin cell is busted. Not a very pretty site. Granted it does take perfect timing since there isnt that long of a time to hit the table after the sweep goes up, I still would rather have a sweep get hit instead of a table.

Wang

Comment

Originally posted by 82/70 king:
          Who cares as long as it runs ok.

I have never seen a table hit.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jerry...

I, too, have seen a few battle wounds on tables where the front part has been brutally bashed in; not a pretty sight. Of course, this happens on the SS Chassis. I guess it depends on what kind of clientele a center has. If you're predominantly league play, chances are greatly reduced you will have morons playing "beat the sweep."
          "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Originally posted by WangJ:
            I care Jerry. I have seen a table hit and a portion of the table infront of the 1 pin cell is busted. Not a very pretty site. Granted it does take perfect timing since there isnt that long of a time to hit the table after the sweep goes up, I still would rather have a sweep get hit instead of a table.

Wang
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You give those patrons a bill for a new table casting and labor.......call the police and charge them with criminal damaging.

Pay the bill or get arrested.

Comment

I've seen one also get hit. Took a small chunk out of the casting underneath, but the ball lost a bigger chunk and was totaled.
              -- Larry

Comment

Doing the mod. IS a ten minute fix. I have updated three houses. I was going to post how to do it along with pic's but I thought if somebody did botch the soldering job it would void the warranty. But these boards are 1982 &amp; 1984 vintage so I guess it doesn't matter, besides it would give Jamie more work and Stahl's more income! Jerry, I don't agree with you but who am I to debate you. - Bill
                Yeah but, We've always done it that way.

Comment

PLease post the mod so I can have a go. Got a board I want to modify.
                  Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

Origonally posted by King.
                    You give those patrons a bill for a new table casting and labor.......call the police and charge them with criminal damaging.
                    __________________________________________________ _____________

come on Jerry, I thought you didn't care... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
                    Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

This would be a beneficial mod, especially if you run time bowling (ie rent a lane).

Most kids that pay for time bowling are more concerned on how many balls they can throw in 1 hr than what they get for a score. These !@#$ will time the machine and have the ball delivered while the sweep/table are still moving.

I know, I know….some will say kick the little ba$tards out and we do sometimes. But then we get back to the old discussion of stupid desk people and I’ll be damned if I’m going to baby sit the desk staff and customers.

Triac

Comment

Guys there is a way to do this on the machine, without soldering anything. There is acouple of wire on the table cams that can be switched that will make the sweep wait for the table. if you have a machine that is doing this all you have to do is switch the grey and brown wires around and it will be fixed. now i know that some of you will think that the wire may not be color coded but I know that most of these wires were when the Fiveboards were around. I'm sorry that I can't give you more info on whitch switches they were on because it has been a while since I've seen these chassis on the machines. I DO KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THIS WORKS.
                        They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

You can swap TS-45* and TS-32 in the wireway which are the TA1 and TA2 N.O. contacts respectively.

I find swapping the wireway wires is easier than swapping the cam switch wires (but each to their own).

*TS-45 might not exist on older machines - TA1 N.O. goes to TS-10 instead, so you would swap TS-10 and TS-32.

This mod is redundant for newer Omega Tek boards, and has no effect on them (they don't use either TA1 or TA2 N.O. inputs, although the TA1 "G" input is on the card, it just doesn't go anywhere).

I assume that the 'solder' modification on the older Omega Tek boards involves cutting the "G" input and jumpering the "C" input to it. The wireway mod would not adversely affect any non-modified older Omega Teks (so you could just leave both styles in place).

Andrew.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                          Working...
                          X