Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smart cycle

Is there somebody who has some more information about the smart APS signals from the scoring system to the mp chassis?
    - Are there only 3 signals? (foul/strike/sweepreverse)
    - Has each signal it's own wire?
    - Which moment sends the scoring system the information? after or before a cycle? or does the chassis ask the scoring system for information?
    - Is this the same for all types of chassis?

Maybe we can fake the strikesignal to make a short cycle after pressing the cyclebutton on the chassis.

Re: smart cycle

It should short cycle when the chassis button is cycled.

It should not short cycle when the BE control box is cycled.

Comment

Not really sure what you are asking...Jerry is right about the different cycles (B.E. vs. Chassis or pit), The scoring info. is sent to the MP board as serial data, the MP board reads the data & determines if there is a strike, 7/10 pick off, miss, or needs to feel for pins. Foul signal comes from the foul detector itself. The scoring data is read after a time delay (aprox. 3 seconds. There is a micro switch located by sweep arm (AMF machines) that initiates the scoring to read & send data to the chassis. MP chassis has the ability to do a sweep reverse built into the chassis, Solid state chassis can do that if you use XOP or Omega Tek + Expander boards.

Does this help?

Jon
      I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

would like to learn some more about aps scoring signals: our 82/90 chassis have the c23 amp aps connectors. 6 (2x3)wires are connected to qubica xlmp. Found in another topic the wires are used for -ground, clock and scoresignal.
        What's the purpose of the clock signal? is this for synchronisation scoring data chassis/qubica?
        An center in the neighbourhood has some 82/90 chassis with a long delay after 1st guard. is it possible they have problems with synchronisation?

Another question: What streams of serial data are sent through the signalwire? is it a kind of morse code? anybody tried to receive these signals on his multimeter?

thanks.i.a

Comment

partnumber,
          The data is serial with certain parameters like all other serial communications.
          The wires are clock, data and ground.
          There are 6 wires because each machine needs 3 (you'll see them at the XL/MP interface.)
          If the XL machine does NOT get pin fall data after a cycle initiates, it will wait longer before it continues the cycle.
          The machines are either not getting pin fall data, or the read delay is set longer at the front desk for those machines.
          Compare the read delay for those lanes vs ones that cycle faster.
          If the machines get the data and perform the quick strikes and sweep reverse, it has to be the read delay at the desk.
          If they don't perform these cycles, the data is not coming from the scoring or is not getting to the pinspotter chassis. (IE wiring or interface problem)
          Also, check the machine settings at the desk and make sure the machine type is either 82-70uP or 82-90. Only these settings will send the smart machine data through the lane comm to the XL/MP.
          This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

-- --- - --- -- .-. ... . -.-. --- -.. .! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
            I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Originally posted by wb8yjf:

-- --- - --- -- .-. ... . -.-. --- -.. .
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Good guess Jon, but that's not the correct data stream for a smart cycle (she says confidently as if she really knew morse code). :p

Comment

Deb and Jon-----------------------------
                Are you guys making fun of me again?
                This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Ted, Jon was offering partnumber the morse code for the short cycle and I was being miss know-it-all.

Originally posted by partnumber:

Maybe we can fake the strikesignal to make a short cycle after pressing the cyclebutton on the chassis.

What streams of serial data are sent through the signalwire? is it a kind of morse code?
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Besides, I actually understood your post. My question is, how do you adjust the read delay from the front desk (and which front desk is that)?

Comment

I don’t know Deb, I think Jon is right on the money. This is the data stream I read when a bowler left a pin.

... --- .-.. .. -.. / .---- ----- / .--. .. -. / -.-- --- ..- / ... - .. -. -.- / .- -. -.. / ... .... --- ..- .-.. -.. / - .- -.- . / ..- .--. / --. --- .-.. ..-. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Triac

Comment

Originally posted by triac:
                      I don’t know Deb, I think Jon is right on the money. This is the data stream I read when a bowler left a pin.

... --- .-.. .. -.. / .---- ----- / .--. .. -. / -.-- --- ..- / ... - .. -. -.- / .- -. -.. / ... .... --- ..- .-.. -.. / - .- -.- . / ..- .--. / --. --- .-.. ..-.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That bowler needs to try a different line to fix that weak 10 pin leave.

Comment

LOL so you can read morse code.

With regards to the time delay:

I don’t play around too much on the desk for our Qubica system, but I believe that time delay can be set from the desk with administration privileges.

The Defaults are:

First read 3.0
                        Second read 3.0
                        Delay 15

Don’t really know what units these numbers represent since I’ve never had any issues with the time delay.

Triac

Comment

The center has some annoyed bowlers because the machines of the lanepairs next to them is faster (those machines have no delay of 4 sec)

They think the problem is in the chassis because their delay time has been set equal in the scorings system.
                          They're trying to regain a MCU or a fake one (they are monitoring the daisy chain line)to change the delay settings for the chassis (82-90).
                          Strange beacuse we have no problems (no delays) with these chassis and moreover they're 2nd hand and come from different centers.

Comment

some of our lanes do not short cycle, even though all are set the same on the scoring.

We have 90xl's with Boss 9.1/4.1 scoring and accucam 3000's, all connections seem fine, anyone know what's up with this, is there a spec code for this, i can't find one if there is.

grr!!
                            lol

cheers

liam
                            Liam http://www.bowltech.com/forums/impor...2012/smile.gif

Comment

Hi partnumber,

You can not make the APS signals visible on a normal multimeter because they are too fast. I can however show you the signals on the screen of my laptop computer. I have made a little program that can read these fast signals and show them in a graph on a computer screen. I could hook it up to your scoringsystem, and it will exactly show you what signals are sent and when they are sent. It might help you fix your timing problems. I live about 40 minutes away from your center, so let me know if you are interested.
                              If a machine doesn't want to be fixed, it will let you know. Over and over again!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X