its going to spot then back up.could it be the
    table contacts inthe chassis or not its like
    it doesnt have enough power just kinda runs flips
    the cups then back up after a few times it will
    work. any answers i would appreciate it

thanks
    scooter

Re: table funning halfway

Sounds like the table drive eccentric is not opening to let the table down. this would not be the contacts. You need to see if the spot cylinoid is engaging. if not then problem in the cylinoid. if so then it is not making the latch release in the tableeccentric drive. Somthing is probably binding in that E drive.
    They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

If the cups turn a little then the spot latch is engaging. This would rule out the solenoid. The solenoid link assembly could have a broken link. This would still allow the spot latch to engage but sometimes not open the table drive. Also the Table drive could have a bad roll pin in the pivot pin that controls the spring loaded plastic roller. Someone posted a nice picture of the table drive assembly and highlighted this pin. It has been disscussed on here before as a potential problem relating to the kind of trouble you are having.

Comment

or possibly a table shaft about to go?
        off to the nudie bar

Comment

tighten the main bolt and nut going thru the middle of your table drive and then pump some grease into it, check the disc spring 070006729 hasn't broken either
          i don't need mods, i am a bloody genius

Comment

I'm going with a broken roll pin in the table drive, this is the most common cause of this problem for me
            All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Roll pin is probable suspect. Also check to make sure table is not coasting past 355 too much as flag cannot unlock spot latch if the table drive has coasted too far forward.
              "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

sounds like the roll pin to me,i had the same problem yesterday,you can knock a small nail in as a quick fix if you need the lane,but knock the other pin out then replace both roll pins

Comment

Scooter, I have seen this in mainly 2 solenoid 70's, it is usually the plugs on the Chassis, have you tried another Chassis.

Frank.
                  always doing my best.

Comment

Roll pin....Kat and Mesrrrrrrrr nailed it.

Comment

I'd also check part number 070-001-893 referred to as the cam ball assembly. This can loosen over time and cause a similiar problem.

Comment

HI guys,
                        To me i was thinking more electrical than mechanical i had a similar problem where the table would go half way and the cups go to 45 degrees etc but it did it with 3 different table drive assy's but went away after changing the chassis, which i found had both r/s C1 and C2A plugs.
                        AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

For the table to only go down half way but the cups to turn down to spot pins then the solonoid must have been engauged as the cups have went into the spotting action. Ie, latch was down over spotting arm. If the spot solonoid didnt fire then the cups would not turn. This is typical of a single solonoid machine.
                          In a double solonoid machine when the other relay fails then the cups turn on first ball and cause the pins to fall over and the worst noise ever to occur.

Another to check is the links in the spot solonoid assembly as they could have play in them due to wear. Great fun changing them out. Its like a rubix cube puzzle!
                          Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

Originally posted by al bundy:
                            or possibly a table shaft about to go?
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That would sure suck if it was. That is probly the thing I hate to replace the most.
                            There is always more to life, but would someone tell me what it is!

Comment

i would agree that one of the two small roll pins in the latch on the eccentric drive is broken and occassionally holding the latch long enough to release the eccentric table drive. A quick fix is a small nail inserted in the place of the roll pin.sometimes just pushing it thro a little can temporarily give enough grip.
                              Good luck.
                              maister

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X