Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opposite Lane Auto Cycling

On one pair of our 90xl machines, after they were installed 9 months ago, we contsantly ran into problems of the opposite machie cycling after a ball was thrown on the other lane. This occured quite frequently. After replacing the front end box, rear chasis, ball detector, as well as re-aligning the ball detector numerous times, we determined that depending on where a pin hit a the side wall, the vibration would cause the opposite lane to cycle. Even though we seemed to lick this problem, the lane pair will still do it once in a great while. Any suggestions on how to lick this problem?

Re: Opposite Lane Auto Cycling

Where do you have the ball detect mounted...the kickback?
    TSM & TSM Training Development
    Main Event Entertainment
    480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Had same problem?, some lanes turned out installer didn't put units in straight line check to see if this might be your problem, could be a pair next to lane your problem is on. I had some 1/4 inch off. AMF also said if you hit the wall with a pin and it cycles you might have to use your concrete foundation to mount your ball detector .

Steve

Comment

Had same problem, it was because some of the wiring that goes down underground was touched by returning balls and by time it would wear of the insulation and trigger a cycle..

Hope you solve the problem...

Brett...
        Less block please!!!!

Comment

We had that problem with the vibration on a pair as well. We put an old spotting cup liner under it to help reduce the vibrations and the problem went away.

Fever
          I really enjoy the Simpsons. My problem is that I am starting to look like Homer. Doh!!!

Comment

On 90XL's, the problem may be in the foul unit. If this occurred while the fouls were either full on or in warning mode, and someone fouls late (buzzer still sounding when ball breaks the beam), it could cycle the other machine. The problem is in the foul buzzer.
            AMF found that it draws too much current. It uses the same voltage, supplied by the chassis and routed through the front end box, as the trigger.
            Sometimes just tripping the foul unit would cycle either or both machines!
            AMF has a better buzzer. Check with tech support.

Comment

Possible cross talk between ball detect heads, this usually happens when the detects and relectors are not in line.
              Some centers put a cardboad shield over (between)the reflectors to eliminate cross talk between pairs.

Any strong light coming in and hitting the end of the lanes?
              Please.....follow the instructions!!

John
              804-240-4982

Comment

We had the same problem. Spontaneous cycle on the neighbour lane.
                After a long search we found the problem: vibrations activated a bad 10th frame switch button on the ball-return.
                It might be the problem for your situation.

Comment

I've had a similar experence to partnumber, where the 10th frame switch wires from the A&MC were trapped inbetween the metal downsweep and its mounting brackets. The bare wire was exposed and every so often when a ball came down the downsweep it would squeeze the wires and cycle the opposite lane - ( lane the shot was bowled on was already mid-cycle ).
                  I'm Brian and so is my wife.......

http://www.badassbowling.com

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                  Working...
                  X