Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweep Creep at 270*

Hi there guys,
    I have a lane at my place where when the sweep reaches 270 it wants to creep backwards ever so slightly, most of the time it doesnt create a problem but from time to time the sweep wont return to zero after the table goes up to 355 after respot. I changed al the p.c. boards 1 thru 5 no difference and swapped te chassis with the lane next to it no diff. Any ideas would be much appreciated hey fellas as this is one of the MANY woes i have inherited hahaha oh well ya get that.
    Cheers Brett
    AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Re: Sweep Creep at 270*

Most probably a motor coasting problem. Try swapping the sweep and table motors round. Sometime this can get you out of a tight spot. But doesn't solve the underlying problem. Checkpins in chassis plug's for bad or burnt connections. If you find any always best to change the lot and fit new socket at same time.

Let us know how you get on.

Comment

sounds like the sweep motor to me,the gears could be slipping or the bolts attatching the gearbox to the machine could be loose causing sweep creep.

Comment

Check the SA microswitch and cam lever adjustment. A bad microswitch will cause the sweep to stop inconsistently.

Wang

Comment

I'm with Wangj on this one. Everytime I've had that prob. it's 9 out of 10 times that is the prob.
          There is always more to life, but would someone tell me what it is!

Comment

Agreed, SA cam switch, weak cam lever spring for the switch, or possibly a sloppy bearing next to the crank arm, loose crank arm on the shaft,loose gearbox components (old gearbox)sometimes removing some internal gearbox shims can help.
            Please.....follow the instructions!!

John
            804-240-4982

Comment

Im with John on this, but the shims are more noticeable if it were the table motor with the problem, running backwards at the top. Remove the shims at the 4 x 3/8 bolts side, not the ring gear side.
              the best tech knows the correct moderation needed when swinging a 2lb lump hammer...... OUCH!

Comment

I go with John on it, loose or sloppy crank arm and or bearings. also could be the splines on the drive shaft are worn.

Comment

nationals with worn carbon brushes. and in particular Franklin Electric combo motors will do as described. particularly if sweep over runs 270 and is up in the air, motor cant hold it, and so it coasts back down. . .backward.

Also the mechanical slop of what laneman and john said could also be. if the sweep runs back enough to allow the SA lever to go back in, the chassis will assume the sweep is at 0.

Comment

I'll go with the brushes. Every time I get that I change brushes, clears right up
                    Without Mechanics Where Would We Be?

Comment

If swapping the motors doesnt stop this check the c-1 plug for burnt pins.I had a couple of burnt pins in the c-1 plug 1 time and caused this problem after replacing the burnt pins problem cleared up
                      DEFINITION OF MANAGER IN THE 21ST CENTURY: (ADULT BABYSITTER)

Comment

SA adjustment, cam lever spring, also check TB adjustment.
                        Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

Does the motor coast at any other position (namely 0 and 66)?

With the machine at zero, press the sweep run switch quickly to let the sweep down about half way (to say 30 degrees). That should expose any costing too.

I interpreted from your post that the sweep does actually reach the proper 270 position, but *then* creeps backwards. Is my interpretation correct, or is the sweep actually stopping early?

Checking sweep cams is a good idea if the stopping position is wrong. But you seem to be suggesting that the stopping position is right, which implies cams are right but motor is slack (either gearbox or brushes).

Andrew.

Comment

Andrew,
                            Ya spot on mate, the sweep reaches 270 perfectly but after stopping creeps back, also it doesnt creep at 66 or 0 only 270.
                            BTW Andrew some time soon ill be buying another copy of parts tracker off you, i was the one who got Neil from windsor to buy it from you but i have left now and gone to Fairfield so i will have to get it again.
                            Cheers Brett
                            AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Hi Pin Head, your at Fairfield, thats where I started in the industry, on my 17th birthday, 1969.

I worked there again in the late 80's, is everything still painted Blue, every Centre I work in I paint the Machines Blue and the walls and the floors.

Good Luck there mate.

Frank.
                              always doing my best.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X