Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Roller Repair Kit

Hey there again my buddies,
    I was wondering what everyones opinion was of the AMF Rear roller rep kit? I think they are great but i have a sh1t load mates who tell me they suck big time??? So far i have used about 10 of them and never had ANY probs as long as they are installed correctly.
    How do all you out there in the wide world of bowling feel about these????
    Cheers Brett
    AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Re: Rear Roller Repair Kit

Pin Head are you refering to the half moon to hold the roller bearing in. If so I used the old worn one as a template, grind off the projected area and drill the holes for the new one and bolt in.

Frank
    always doing my best.

Comment

Not to hijack a thread, but is there a repair kit to fix a shaft that has been cut off? Could it be used on an 82-30 short shaft roller, making it as long as an 82-70 roller?
      Gene Simmons for president!!!

Comment

Originally posted by willey:
        Pin Head are you refering to the half moon to hold the roller bearing in. If so I used the old worn one as a template, grind off the projected area and drill the holes for the new one and bolt in.

Frank
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">When you do mount one of those on.... rotate the new support retainer forward about 1/2 a hole from the original location.

Because of the way the belt tension is on a '70, most of those retainers blow out the bottom. Rotating the new retainer forward puts more support on the roller bearing.
        -- Larry

Comment

Originally posted by toon30s:
          Not to hijack a thread, but is there a repair kit to fix a shaft that has been cut off? Could it be used on an 82-30 short shaft roller, making it as long as an 82-70 roller?
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I recall someone offered a repair kit at one time, but it involves taking the entire end off (by carefully grinding the weld off) and welding the new one on.

Unless rear rollers have jumped in price, I don't think it'd be cost effective.
          -- Larry

Comment

I used about 5 of these and they are great! It´s very important to have a good solid square base. Take good care with grinding! Once you have installed them you never have to fear broken rear rollers.

Comment

Ya see prob here in Australia is repair kit is around the $100 mark where as a new rear roller is approx $800.
              Also Willey what i was referring to was not the support that mounts to the kick back back the actual rear roller shaft repair kit.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">As far as im aware yes you can what you have to do with the kit cut down the shaft so there is approx 1" of shaft stub left apply loc-tite to the stub and slide the new shaft over the stub and drill 2 holes with the bit provided perpendicular to each other and insert roll pins also provided. I find them to be a fantastic cheaper alternative to either sending them away or buying a new roller, i just wanted to know if others have used them what they thought of them????
              AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What i forgot to add was there must be i think its approx 3/4" of shaft stub left 1" is better but if it snaps off flush with the end of the roller then its no good.

Comment

$800 for a rear roller,,whoa

Her in the uk they are about £70.00, not sure what that convers to Aus$.

I reakon that I could sell you one (at the cost I buy it)on EBAY and ship it to you cheaper than that.
                  In fact if that worked out cheaper I may know a supplier who would do that.

Comment

What would you guys think of a rear roller that had a full lenth shaft through it that was threaded. This way if you have shaft get cut off you could just replace the through shaft in 5 of 10 minutes. I've been working on somthing close to the before mentioned please let me know what you think.
                    They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

Saturday, June 25, 2005

70 British Pound = 166.030 Australian Dollar
                      70 Australian Dollar (AUD) = 29.51266 British Pound (GBP)

Median price = 2.36967 / 2.37186 (bid/ask)
                      Estimated price based on daily US dollar rates.
                      This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. BTW, here in the states a new roller is around $85.
                        LaFarge, next time we see each other, I would like some more info.
                        Gene Simmons for president!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lafarge:
                          What would you guys think of a rear roller that had a full lenth shaft through it that was threaded. This way if you have shaft get cut off you could just replace the through shaft in 5 of 10 minutes. I've been working on somthing close to the before mentioned please let me know what you think.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Lafarge,

Your idea sounds like a winner.

Keep in mind that you would need an odd and even roller because the threads should be counterclockwise for the even machine and clockwise for an odd.

Other than that (for a universal roller), I would think that you would need some type of setscrew, jam nut or some other type of retainer to keep the shaft from unscrewing.

Triac

Comment

When we had the 30's, B.C.A. gave us new pieces of shaft and we had to torch out the old shaft and weld in the new section. We put alignment marks on the roller and cut the body of the roller off about three inches from the end. Burn out the old shaft and weld in the new piece. The hard part was getting the roller welded together straight. I used hacksaw blades for the spacing and aligned the marks.(spacing was needed or the roller would be shorter) Then put a few tacs on the body of the roller and see if the roller was running true on it's rearings. You could "adjust" the roller body with a bowling pin. Once you got it true, just weld and grind. I did about six of these repairs and told them it was a waste of labor to do any more.
                            &quot;Gun control is the policy of tyrants&quot;
                            Rep. Rob Bishop (R-UT)

Comment

Had a look how much it would cost to ship £214.00 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X