Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No bearing on sweep motor drive shaft

I have a friend call me while they were doing PM.

Lane 1 has no bearing on the sweep drive shaft.

Is there a kit to eliminate it, or did someone mess up?

JK

Re: No bearing on sweep motor drive shaft

Are you refering to the plate the shaft goes through, instead of the large bearing housing that the table motor shafts have?
    "Gun control is the policy of tyrants"
    Rep. Rob Bishop (R-UT)

Comment

The table motor has a plate and a bearing.

They tell me this machine has no bearing.

Comment

King ,
        Are you referring to the bearing on the plate where the sweep motor bolts onto? If so it may have just been removed as we have a few lanes without them cuz in all honesty they serve no real purpose, the sweep runs fine without it, just makes it a bastard to change the motor without it as the shaft drops down.
        AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Jerry...

There has to be at least some sort of bearing out on the end near the crank arm to support the shaft.

I've never heard of any kit that would eliminate it.
          -- Larry

Comment

Sorry.....they have one machine where the one shaft bearing has been removed. There still is a bearing on the rod end.

JK

Comment

Wolf, Wolf, Wolffffffffff [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
              Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Stalker:
                Wolf, Wolf, Wolffffffffff [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Is that the call of Alaska, Mike? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
                -- Larry

Comment

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] Larry, with this heat, I sure wish I was back there...
                  Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

my current set of machines only have bearings on the combi motors next to the crank and eccentric on their respected motors, the other end is held in the motor.

there is a plate that allows for about 0.040" around the shaft which holds it in place whilst you change the motor, we have lost 1 gearbox in the 2 1/2 years i have been the senior at this centre so im not in the least worried (10000+ games a week /22 lanes).

the 2 machines i have in a shipping container at my workshop have a bearing infront of the motor AND one on the end of the shaft.

it would be fairly pointless having the second bearing because the stress on the combi is almost all rotational, the gap between motor and bearing is so much bigger than the gap between bearing and the crank / eccentric that the sideways force will be not worth considering.

this is merley my opinion as an engineer.
                    Want your old pins collecting anywhere in the UK? email me on jezsmith@aol.com

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                    Working...
                    X