Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gear box tripping out

hi all,
    ive got a 82/90 chasis,that when i turn it on it trips the mains switch,ive found out that its the table gearbox thats always makes the machine trip out,ive moved the chasis to another lane and it does the same thing,its fine until the table moves.
    any ideas,
    thanks

Re: gear box tripping out

It sounds like a pinched wire when CR#2 pulls in. Pull the chassis bottom cover and look for a bare wire.
    "Gun control is the policy of tyrants"
    Rep. Rob Bishop (R-UT)

Comment

if the table plug causes the mains to trip you probably have an earth fault.As you have been able to trace it to the table , i think you may have a wire shorting from the motor plug to the chassis.Try putting the sweep plug in the table motor and seeing if it runs ok. if it still trips out the short is in the motor itself.if it is the cable check in the wireway to the chassis for a trapped wire.
      good luck.
      maister

Comment

thanks for the advice,
        but ive put a different chasis on the lane i had the problem with,and it runs fine,the problem follows the chasis,not the gearbox
        thanks

Comment

You could have a shorted SSSW for the table motor. Also check your receptacle at the chassis for a short.

Comment

Hi evertonfc. check that the capacitor in the chassis is not shorting and also the mains in the chassis to the table relay.the relays are sealed so if it is the relay, there is not a lot you can do.
            sorry.
            maister

Comment

Dave,

We have a local company we claim to be able to fix almost anything electrical. If you want I can get their number for you. I've only used them once, because I've always felt the complicates stuff should be left to those with the correct resources, and they charged £200.00 to fix a C90 control board. But maybe you could arrange a no fix no fee deal with them.

Mark

Comment

hi mark,
                if you could PM me their number,ill give them a ring and see what they can do,
                cheers

dave

Comment

Dave sent you the info

Comment

thanks for the info,it was the solid state relays,sorted it now,
                    thanks all.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                    Working...
                    X