Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ball stepping......NOT

i am having a problem with lane 2 . sometimes, but not all the time machine will not step back to 1st. ball or will not step to second ball. i have changed spot relay in the chassis, checked c1 and c2 plugs for any burnt or corroded pins and sockets and have replaced those that were questionable, checked table and sweep cam switches, even changed the chassis thinking maybe it was a problem with the omega board.nothing worked. seems to happen most on the not stepping back to 1st. ball. that also seems to occur more after a x. help. i am at the point of pulling all my grey hair out.

Re: ball stepping......NOT

Replace your TA-2 and SB microswitches. Omega-Tek boards will have a problem with "ball stepping" if one or both of those switches are bad. When we put our omega-teks in, I had to replace quite a few.
    Good luck!

Comment

Actually BG, it would be TA-2 and SA. SB fires the spot relay at 186* where as TA-2 and SA change the cycle from 1 to 2 and 2 to 1. Old school mech change all 6 of your cam switches and the problem will go away. You can just try one at a time but its best to replace all 6 and just be done with it.

Wang

Comment

Agreed. Since you're gonna have them all out and danglin when you replace, you may as well replace all of them.
        When we put the boards in and we had this problem (quite a few years ago since the boards are so friggin reliable), I called Omega Tek TS and was told to change out the TA-2 and SB, so that's what I did.
        But you would be correct that SA is involved in changing cycle from 1-2 and 2-1. But since our problems died after changing TA-2 and SB, I never had to change out the SA. Weird now that I think about it.

Comment

Do you have old style OmegaTeks where the sweep rises while the table is still down (i.e. the sweep is triggered from TA1), or the newer ones where the sweep and table go up together (sweep triggered off TA2)?

With the old style, the timing between the table and the sweep is critical with respect to resetting the ball cycle (as was also the case with old 5 boards). This is because although TA1 triggers the sweep rise, it is TA2 (along with SA) that triggers the ball cycle change. If TA1 is incorrectly adjusted causing the sweep to trigger early, the sweep may get to zero before the TA2 is actuated. Since the inputs on the OmegaTek are debounced, it can't react very quickly, so it is possible for it to miss the overlap between TA2 and SA if it is too small.

So if you do have the old style, then I would also suggest checking the adjustment of TA1 as well as SA. TA1 being too early to turn on at 185, or SA being too early to turn off at 0 could cause this condition. TA2 adjustment is probably okay already since you would get interlocks or headpins being hit by the sweep otherwise (so you would notice that).

Old microswitches with worn/dirty contacts will cause the OmegaTek to take longer in sensing the actuation of the switch (because of the debounced inputs, in which the board waits for a stable input for a few milliseconds when the switch actuates), and thus will make the situation worse. So unless the adjustments above fix the problem, changing the switches will also be a good idea.

With new style boards, or modified machines such that the sweep triggers to rise on TA2 instead of TA1, then the timing between TA2 and SA are far less critical because there is around 90 degrees of overlap (instead of about 15 degrees with the old style). If you happen to have the new style, then I'd be a bit suprised by this behaviour assuming you aren't seeing any other problems like interlocks, pin resets or bad sweep stopping positions.

I can't explain why you see more of it on second ball and strike cycle, but it is interesting. Maybe it's because in these cases it ends up on second cycle when it should be on first cycle and results in a pin reset and/or a mis-score which you notice because people complain. In open play people won't complain if they get three shots, but they will complain if they get only one [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] .

Regards,
          Andrew.

P.S. Excuse me for the long post.

Comment

TA2 and SB talk to each other ,advising when safe to run etc. i think this is why BG was told to change them.Good information from Andrew and as SA is responsible for zero position of sweep and second guard , a sticking micro could be the problem.
            good luck.
            maister

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...
            Working...
            X