Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball Returns!!!!!!

The only league I have problems with are those old seniors!!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img] I constantly have ball return probs with them every week. I clean the kickers and the belts before they come in and everything is ajusted right. The other leagues we have in the house, I never have problems. Some of there ball I dull up using griddle pads and then lane stipper [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] , but it only works for about a game. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img] Any ideas besides wishing for black ice when they come??? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

Re: Ball Returns!!!!!!

The problem is there balls, ooh err.
    We have a guy at our place that still uses an LT48 rubber ball>>>

Someone else using a three dot classic. imagine 30 years of abuse and they gotta be slightly smaller by now??????
    At the very least they are WELL shiny from all those years.

solution - buy new balls.......
    kev
    If Wile E coyote has enough money to by all that Acme crap why doesnt he buy his dinner?

Comment

Kickers suck.

Nuff said.

Comment

Just dealt with a senior league today. friday is my prime day, I have an LT-48 floating around. I am lucky enough to have a fireball and a firebolt. Also a Bulldozer. and an unknown ball with only 2 holes, 1 finger,1 thumb, it is a mysterious orb that floats down the lane and won't return. I agree buy new balls, or put them on the ball replacement plan. The plan is crack it in half and they get a new ball. Only with the worst offenders do I put them on the replacement plan.

Paul

Comment

When we had kickers and had a problem ball, we sanded the kicker roller with a really rough paper to rough up the kicker. This would help, sometimes.

Tim
          HBOwner

Comment

Are they putting car wax on the balls? If only one or two balls won't exit I take a walk up front and let them know that we're working on the problem. Then I ask if they used the Lustre-King machine. Sometimes the answer is, "No. I'm not wasting a dollar in that machine! I use car wax, it's cheaper." A small amount of ACC takes care of the problem. Maybe !
            "Gun control is the policy of tyrants"
            Rep. Rob Bishop (R-UT)

Comment

Originally posted by marc157:
              The only league I have problems with are those old seniors!!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img] I constantly have ball return probs with them every week. I clean the kickers and the belts before they come in and everything is ajusted right. The other leagues we have in the house, I never have problems. Some of there ball I dull up using griddle pads and then lane stipper [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] , but it only works for about a game. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img] Any ideas besides wishing for black ice when they come??? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You will probably find that most of the balls you are having problems with are the Brunswick AXIS. Kickers do not like the Blue Light specials.

Comment

Originally posted by marc157:
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Marc, just for ****s and giggles I would like you to order a couple of white kicker rollers from Murrey. They sell round of football, and they both work extremely well. Since I installed them I never have balls spinning 3/4 of the way in the door. I never have to clean them either. Let us know how it goes.

Comment

I used the Murrey footballs. Worked on everything but this team that would put their pink hammers in the Lustre King each week for ten minutes just prior to practice.

After we weened them off the Luster King.... no more problems. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                  -- Larry

Comment

Originally posted by amfpinboy:
                    Are they putting car wax on the balls? If only one or two balls won't exit I take a walk up front and let them know that we're working on the problem. Then I ask if they used the Lustre-King machine. Sometimes the answer is, "No. I'm not wasting a dollar in that machine! I use car wax, it's cheaper." A small amount of ACC takes care of the problem. Maybe !
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Funny you would mention car wax... we had a guy who used black SHOE POLISH on his ball... what a mess that was. Ball was nice and shiny, though [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img] ...

We also have some kicker problems here and there with senior leagues. More with then than with birthday parties. We have 6- and 8-pound balls for parties, but they're fairly new, and we keep them dull. The kickers have little trouble with them... but the seniors are a different problem. Part of it is that some of them are using the same ball that Uncle Shwonkie gave then for their 15th birthday, or the black rubber ball that "helped win them the championship back in '58!". The things have been sanded, polished, and rolled so many times that I think they're undersized... some of them I swear are out of round, and the coverstock is just this side of turning to sludge. The owners of these lovely pearls like to throw straight through the center of the lane so the ball collects more than it's fair share of conditioner.

All in all, it makes for poor return operation with kickers... and GOD FORBID you ask them to wipe off the ball. "Don't you be telling ME the best way to bowl, kid... I was bowling before you were a twinkle in your father's eye!". To which I usually answer... "and obviously with the same ball, too..."

Usually, I just grab an offending ball off the lift as it's going up, and give it good wipe off with alcohol, which alleviates the problem for at least a game or so. A while back I had a ball that would consistently get stuck on any lane the guy threw it on. I mentioned to him that he would get better reaction if he wiped off his ball. He read me the riot act that the ball has to be oily to hold his shot. The first time it got stuck, I doused the ball in alcohol, dried it off and sent it back. The problems went away for a while. It got stuck a while later, and again I wiped it down and sent it back. I went up front as they were finishing their series to find that the guy threw the highest game so far that year in the league, and his highest series ever. The owner quietly mentioned what I had done to his ball. The next week he had a squirt bottle of alcohol and a towel, and could be seen diligently wiping off his ball every frame. Amazing how quickly an opinion changes, huh... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                    <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Ahhhh, the old kicker problems with the oldies balls. Some great comments from the other guys, all the nagging in the world to some of these bowlers still wont get them to purchase new balls or clean them after each shot, what you could possibly do however is lessen the amount of oil on your lanes either the length or the amount of units, just so long as your not going to be affecting any of your other leagues &amp; obviously also taking into account that you still have plenty of oil on them lanes to keep them well protected.

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys. I did have a guy use shoe polish before, [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img] I also had a woman use crisco [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] !!!! I've ordered the murrey white kickers and so far they work great. I'm waiting for my next order of those and I'll put them in those lanes and see if it makes a difference before there ball breaks [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] . Also I forgot to add that we were just cut about a month ago and the oil is a little factor in it but its the same balls every week.

Comment

Before I got rid of my kickers. I just run a short pattern with just enough oil to protect the heads. Then re-oiled after the league.

That cured all my ball calls down to hardly none.
                          Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

Brunswick crown jewel - and AMF Dick Weber Classic--- lady and husband used sewing machine oil to "shine it pretty"---what a mess on my just resurfaced Brunswick Astro wood lane finish. Wondered why we had stripes all over the lane after stripping- We saw streaks of straight ball bowlers. petrolium based oil and water solubale oil just do not mix.
                            not to mentioned what it did to my kickers,carpet, ball lift belts etc.

Comment

Originally posted by bowl-on:
                              Brunswick crown jewel - and AMF Dick Weber Classic--- lady and husband used sewing machine oil to "shine it pretty"---what a mess on my just resurfaced Brunswick Astro wood lane finish. Wondered why we had stripes all over the lane after stripping- We saw streaks of straight ball bowlers. petrolium based oil and water solubale oil just do not mix.
                              not to mentioned what it did to my kickers,carpet, ball lift belts etc.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sewing machine oil?????
                              Where do people get the crazy ideas?
                              * this space left blank intentionally *

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X