Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humpbacks VS Kickers

After toying with the idea for a few years of deciding whether or not to keep just our 5 pairs of humpbacks or go all out and do the whole house, last month I just got fed up with doing everything but pulling the last remaining hairs out of my scalp trying to get my kickers to return balls that have travelled thru 20+ units of oil. We just picked up 4 used but pretty decent humpback units (Thanks Jack!). I'll take a humpy with splits in the belt ANY DAY over kickers. We put one of them in today and its NICE [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] The next 3 will be in and running before I go on vacation in 9 days (yay!). After that we'll only need 8 more pair to complete the house.

Re: Humpbacks VS Kickers

I agree. Humpbacks installed correctly will run well. Sure a belt will split now and then. But if you are running kickers, replacing belts and kicker rollers are not free either.

Comment

"HUMPBACK BELTS DON'T SPLIT WHEN PROPERLY INSTALLED,THE MECHANIC DID A POOR JOB OF INSTALLATION" J.R.Lanzetta

Comment

J.R.
        I paid a professional installer to install my 6 humpbacks. Have had many problems since 2000. The paddles are useless I am now at my expense replacing them with proven paddles. We checked all the pulleys and all of my original humpbacks are split now just waiting for them to go so I can replace them with the belts I brought and paid them to install the hump(seems they will not stand behind the warranty).I like the humpback but I am tired of them experimenting on the consumer.
        Well we're safe for now. Thank God we're in a Bowling Center.

Comment

J.R.
          Also came in one day to find a hump lying on the floor.How do the mechanic install that incorrectly to make it fall off?
          Well we're safe for now. Thank God we're in a Bowling Center.

Comment

I Went Through The Same Thing Pm Me And I'll
            Let You Know Something That Has Helped Solve My Headaches.

Comment

I had split belts galore when we first got them a few years ago. I still have 2 pair that have a split in the hump. Belts still work like a champ. THEY ARE INSTALLED CORRECTLY. My point is that I'd MUCH rather deal with a split belt than having to force 16lb manhattan rubbers and amf 3 dot classics covered in oil past kickers that refuse to do anything other than laugh at me.

Comment

I'm finishing up installing the last 2. Then I'll have them across the house. Had kickers on 14 lanes & PBL's on last 4.Replaced the kickers about 5 years ago & now taking out the PBL's and putting in hump-backs.

**** canned the LBS's & went with standard paddle with reduction pulley & spring type shock.

Ever since I have done this (LIFE IS GOOD)
                Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

2009 will be 30 years with my PBL'S...they work!

I still can't believe anyone is stll trying to milk kickers...20 units plus is a farce with kickers.

On the other hand.. pbl'S need thicker rail covers on the bottom and a few rails needed shimmed out.

We are talkin 80 plus units now. And off the chart Values
                  If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

Originally posted by felix:
                    2009 will be 30 years with my PBL'S...they work!

I still can't believe anyone is stll trying to milk kickers...20 units plus is a farce with kickers.

On the other hand.. pbl'S need thicker rail covers on the bottom and a few rails needed shimmed out.

We are talkin 80 plus units now. And off the chart Values
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Personally my kickers run almost flawless. I dont flood the lanes, so im sure that helps.

PBL's with LBS's are a little more work, but once you get them adjusted they cant be beat.

IMO, the mechanics that replace the LBS's are the ones who dont know how to work on them.

Comment

I never had the fortune (or misfortune, depending on how you look at it) of working on light ball sensors. I have PBLs at my other place but when I started way back in '83, all the light ball sensors were gutted and all that was there was the cam follower, cam and spring to keep it all together. I have since yanked all that out in favor of the spring loaded links.

Comment

(IMO, the mechanics that replace the LBS's are the ones who dont know how to work on them.)

Was that a slam ??

I have had these LBS's in for over 15 years. IMO reduction pulley and spring links work just as good if not better. ALOT less moving parts. ALOT less maintenance.

Please dont start slamming people. As they might be smarter then you !!

Comment

The reduction pully and spring shock is no comaprison to a LBS.

Light balls enter the door successfully every time with a LBS in good working order.

Comment

Originally posted by 82/70 king:
                            The reduction pully and spring shock is no comaprison to a LBS.

Light balls enter the door successfully every time with a LBS in good working order.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'll argue that with you King. After running both type side-by-side. There is NO difference in how fast the 6 pound balls return. Same can be said about ALL weight balls. Just one is ALOT easier to maintain. Thats why after 15 years I'm switching over.

You like LBS's great. But dont pretend like they are SO superior to reduction pulley's &amp; spring links.

Comment

Your LBS could not have been adjusted right or abused before your wrenching on them. The LBS allows the 6lb balls to enter regardless. I have seen 6lb balls pushed out by spring shocks regardless of adjustment. The paddle arm will break free of the rollers and allow the ball unrestricted access to the door.

It cannot be better than a LBS.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X