Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pins off spot

I have a machine that I cannot get the pins on spot right now they are to far forward by about a half a spot. I move the table back as far as I can, didnt help. If I move the spot rod so the pins are spot the latch assembly will not let go and the pins double shuttle. Everything else looks pretty tight no play. Thanks for any help

Re: pins off spot

Is the #1 pin on spot and the others off spot?

I have had the casting that connects the lightning rod to the #1 table shaft bend. This will cause all the pins esxcept the #1 to be off spot forward.

Comment

Has this always been like this ?? Or did it just start over night ??

If the ajustments are right. And king didnt hit on it.
      Check the actuator arm and cam follower that rides inside. If the arm is loose and the key is sloppy. Causing the #1 shaft to slip. That will cause your problem. Also if the cam follower that rides inside is worn or the groove is worn larger. That also will give you that problem.

If table height and all adjustments are correct.
      I'd start here
      If you have not checked table height or made sure everything was adjusted right. Then I'd start there
      Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

I found exactly what King said a few weeks ago. The lever casting bolted onto the #1 X frame shaft was bent. Every pin was wobbling on spot except the 1 pin. The worn bushings in the zig-zag link (a.k.a. lighting rod) were also crap-o-la and that made it all worse. All 'cept the 1 pin were under-pivoting as a result (hence wobble).

However, for you, I'm suprised it would make a half-spot difference as you describe, unless it's seriously bent (understatement). Therefore, I would be looking at the cam on the shifter link as Old-School suggested or the half-bubble adjustment (x-frame stop bolt).

Though, I'm still pondering how you would get half a spot difference out of a bad half-bubble adjustment, or any 'normal' adjustment. The whole x-frame moves less than half a spot, making it seem more of a general table position problem than a spotting operation problem. Are you sure your flag adjustment is on spot? Sorry I'm sounding less helpful the more I write.

I'll shut up then.

Andrew.

Comment

Is the scribed line on the machine frame in line with the center of the back row of spots?
          Yeah but, We've always done it that way.

Comment

Check the spot/respot cam to make sure it's not worn down because of a seized cam follower

Comment

I have replaced the latch hook on a machine before that had this problem. The spot rod when adjusted would lock the latch causing double shuttling, so the pins would be off there spots.

For some reason Ive found different types of latch hook in the back. Ive also grinded some off the latch to help gain the clearance needed to spot the pins.

At the end of the day I believe this is caused by the positioning of the front of the machine. Where the machine is bolted into the U channel. You may find you have to move the front of the machine forward or backward to solve the problem. Remember to add or remove shims in between the pit section to achieve 6 1/2 inches from pit to 7/10 line.
              Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

check the spring hanger and the bolt behind the spotting rod are not worn.it is surprising how many times this is missed.
                maister

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...
                Working...
                X