X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need removal tips 82-70's

hello all,

Just got 8 82-70 and need to remove them from
    thier present location and reinstall at my bowling alley, going to be taking out 8 of my 82-30's and puting the 70's in thier place.

BUT i need some hint's tip's and/or instructions
    so i can do this easier and faster.

would love to hire a crew to do it, but summertime and bowling alleys dont go well together.

am going to call amf for info, but you all are the brains of the bowling world.

thanks in advance !
    ever jump down to the deck and spray miracle grow on dead wood ?

Re: need removal tips 82-70's

You have probably bit off more than you can chew.

To properly move 70's you need a fixture to rotate them and bolt them together or you will be using double the truck space and risking busting expensive assemblies.

You can move them by taking the distributor and ball exits out and putting all the excess parts in the back end. Then use a pallet jack to load them on a flat bed truck. But you would probably need a dock or a lift truck if you do not have access to a dock.

Call someone to help is my opinion.

Comment

Alot depend on the size of the exit. If you have an opening the size of a single car garage. Then take them out in 2 pieces. The table & bin assy. can be rolled out on a 4 wheel cart or fork lift. The back end can be taken out whole also.
      Simply strip out the ball return. Take out the 2 bolts holding the back end to the frame. Disconnect the dizzy & slid it off. Remove all the back ends. After they are out you have alot more room to remove the table & bin assy. You will have to remove all the sweep arms also.

If this has to go out or into a building thru a standard type door. Then everything has to be broken down into smaller pieces.

It's all depend on the opening as to how hard or easy the job will be. If you have a large opening in both buildings. This will not be all that much work. A fork lift will make it go real fast.

As king stated. While taking them out & putting them in might not be to hard. Shipping them over a large distance in a whole different matter. You never said how far it was between centers.
      Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

less than an hour drive, the removal space will be tight,

also i have been told that a 70 will not set next to a 30 and line up with the lane. true ?

Comment

loose nut - are you asking about having a 30 and 70 next to each other sharing the common kickback? If so I have seen 1 center that had this setup - 20 30's and 12 70's. The lanes the 30's and 70's met up didn't have an additional common kickback.
          I don't know what they did to get them to share the same kickback - but it can be done. Sorry can't be anymore of a help. The center has since pulled the 30's and installed all 70's, so they couldn't be a help anymore. Maybe someone else has a setup like that.

Comment

Loose Nut; I think we took our thirty's out in "69"? Can't quite remember if they come or came off on the same U-Channel. But that would be the Key.

I have also seen 6-30's and 4-70's at Mayberrys(Magic Score Repair and Install) place in Mechanicsville, OH.

Last summer they gutted the 30's for sale.
            If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

30's and 70's will share a kickback.

Comment

But did they use the same U-Channel?

As far as 30's-70's and 90's as far as that matters?
                If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

82/70 King
                  can u go into further detail about

"To properly move 70's you need a fixture to rotate them"

Comment

They make a fixture to rotate the table and bin assy 90 degrees and bolt together on a pallet for easier shipment.

Comment

Pac'em Stack'em and Rack'em...But your just doing this onez's and two's zeeze.

Comment

Originally posted by loose nut:
                        less than an hour drive, the removal space will be tight,

also i have been told that a 70 will not set next to a 30 and line up with the lane. true ?
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">loose nut,
                        30's and 90's will share the same kickback, We have that situation here. We drilled a few holes and made a bracket to tie the two frames together. Will try to get some pictures to you on our setup.

To answer your first question. If you are planning to do this on your own, you need a lot of weak minds and strong backs. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] We installed 2 90 without the proper equipment and it ain't NOOOO fun. First off you will have to plane about 1/2 inch off the top of your kickbacks. Get Ted or some of the installers to send you specs to make your jigs to handle the table frames or lend you theirs. Even with the right equipment you are still looking at a lot of problems and maybe some LOST NUTS (hernia's). You will have one thing working for you; you won't have to stand 2 front end frames and tie them together in a vertical position. You can just devise a way to transport the frame (one at a time in the horizontal position). TALK to some installers!!!!!!!!!

Comment

AMF has a instruction manual for removing 82-70's. Try calling tech support to get a copy.

Comment

some Pics on the bracket would be Great !
                            and anything else you think may hold a problem.

should be able to get a pallet jack
                            as well as a 18 wheeler with a flat bed
                            (its good to know truck drivers)

one other problem , we are going to have to take out the lanes
                            and approach as well, whats the most common Other use of wood lanes,
                            we are not going to be using them.

yea AMF is sending a install manual
                            and will be talking to Carl at AMF soon.

Did u remove 2 30's or just add 2 more lanes ?
                            if removed 2 30's how well did the ball ramp marry up. if not, how well will they marry up.

Comment

Origonally posted by King
                              30's and 70's will share a kickback.

Jerry, is it your attention span or do we just start calling you Cliff Hanger?lol...
                              Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X