Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sweep problem

I have a sweep issue that is whipping me. For some reason I have no sweep reverse. When the machine tries to go through a sweep reverse the sweep motor kicks out on overload. I replaced the sweep capacitors, the motor, sweep reverse switch, chassis, sweep switch and the white circuit breaker. I checked the wiring to the motor plug and it all seems good. I have had this problem before but I just cannot figure it out. Any help appreciated. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

Re: sweep problem

DOES THE MOTOR HEAD HAVE AN ELECTRICAL OR MECHANICAL START SWITCH?

Comment

Originally posted by xecutiverwr:
      DOES THE MOTOR HEAD HAVE AN ELECTRICAL OR MECHANICAL START SWITCH?
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">One had an electric and one had a mechanical.

Comment

You replaced everything that needed replacing VAD. Recheck your wiring...can you swap plugs with the table or daisy chain a combo plug to test the motor cable? Did you check your wireway for anything wierd that may have fallen down there?
        The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

You may have one of the new solid state start switchs on that sweep motor that requires you to re do some of the wiring in the wire way.

Check all the wires in the motor plug, C-1 plug pins and wires, and for anything in the wire way that may have fell in.

Mike
          Mike

Comment

When you change from a mechanical to an electrical start switch you lose your sweep reverse , and so you have to rewire a couple of wires to regain your sweep reverse, what brand of Start Switch are you running?
            AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Assuming that you have put a combo on with a mechanical start switch that has been tested on another machine…I would guess 1 of three things (since you changed everything).

1.) Your sweep cable could have a break inside the cable most likely where the strain relief is. I would kill the main CB on the wall and do a continuity check on each wire from the plug to each terminal.

2.) Somebody was monkeying around and got some wires mixed up inside the wireway. Compare wiring with another machine that works. Also check that the wiring is correct on the sweep reverse switch.

3.) Do you have a reverse relay located in the mechanics control box? Could be a bad relay, socket or power going to it coming from the BPP plug. I’m a little weary that this is a problem because the sweep reverse switch over rides the relay pulling in. This relay is only pulled in from the scoring logic.

If you find that mechanical start switch works but not the solid state switch does not then wiring modifications need to be done according to manufactures instructions.

Triac

Comment

it could be the sweep reverse wiring in the C1 plug or something shorting across the terminals in the wireway.Or as said above different motor start switch.
                maister

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                Working...
                X