• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "ULTRA "98" PLUS OPERATION INSTRUCTIONS

" ULTRA "98" Plus" (8270 MP CHASSIS)

OPERATION INSTRUCTIONS

"ULTRA "98" PLUS" (8270 MP CHASSIS)

The new "Ultra 98 Plus", 8270 MP Chassis is 100% solid state microprossessor based. The Ultra 98 Plus is designed to replace the existing AMF "8270" pinspotter chassis, both the AMF "MP" Chassis with the 9850 MP PC BD and the AMF five (5) board 8270 control chassis. In addition many new features have been added to provide the bowling lane a variety of bowling cycles, pinspsotter speeds and service functions. The " Ultra 98 Plus" contains all existing operational features of the existing "8270" chassis plus, forty six (46) led indicators, seven (7) function switches, twenty (20) programable options, a power disconnect circuit breaker and interfaces to either AMF or Brunswick scoring.

READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY AND FULLY ENJOY THESE ADVANCED FEATURES.

1.0 PINSPOTTER CONTROL SWITCHES

a. "Cycle"-When this switch is depressed the pinspotter will perform the appropriate cycle. If the switch is held down until the cycle led is "on" the pinspotter will be given a continuos start signal. To remove the continuous start press the cycle switch until the cont. cycle goes "off". THIS SWITCH IS ALSO NUMBER (3) FOR OPTION SET.

b. "1st-ball-2nd"- When this switch is depressed the pinspotter the system moves from the position shown to the position not shown. This switch will not function when the system is in cycle or in a fault condition. THIS SWITCH IS ALSO NUMBER (2) FOR OPTION SET.

c. "S/R"-When the "S/R" is depressed the sweep motor will move in the reverse direction. THIS SWITCH IS ALSO NUMBER (1) FOR OPTION SET.

d. "SWEEP"-When this switch is pressed the sweep motor will move forward.

e. "TABLE"-When the "TABLE" switch is pressed the table will be energized.

f. "RESET"-The system will do a true system reset when this switch is pressed.

g. "OPTION SET" To set an option press set switch until the "OPTION SET" LED is on. Enter options bt selecting the appropriate numbers, then press set until LED is off.

2.0 AUTOMATIC SCORING

a. "AMF"-The "Ultra 98 Plus" interfaces with all existing AMF automatic scoring system the same as the existing "8270" Chassis and provides all the same functions. When AMF automatic scoring is used, The "RPO" (Re-spot pins only) switch will not run a strike cycle. This will allow all gripper switches to be removed.

b. "Brunswick"- The "Ultra 98 Plus" interfaces with Brunswick scoring through the "APS" connector. This consists of "A NORMALLY OPEN", "A NORMALLY CLOSED AND "COMMON". The chassis also supplies 24 VAC to connector "C2A" ROW "1-13" Pin "HH" if needed to turn on the Brunswick scoring. The description for interfacing to Brunswick scoring is included with the cable installation instructions.

3.0 FUSES:

Three protective fuses have been installed in the "Ultra 98 Plus" chassis, one each in the Sweep, Table, and Back-End Motor Circuit. To access the fuses, remove fuse holder cover. FUSE SIZE IS CRITICAL, for 115 volt system use a 15 AMP Slow Blow, LittleFuse part number 313015 or equivalent. For 220 volt system use 8 AMP Slow Blow. LittleFuse part number 313008 or equivalent. DAMAGE COULD RESULT TO THE CHASSIS IF FUSE SIZES LARGER THAT THOSE SPECIFIED ARE USED.

Page 2

4.0 LIGHT EMMITING DIODE "LED" INDICATORS:

a. "Power On" LED- Red LED illuminates when power is applied through the circuit breaker to the chassis.

b. "Low-V-Red LED illuminates when a low voltage fault occurs in the system. Low voltage faults result from an excessive load or a short in the low voltage circuit. To reset chassis remove turn circuit breaker off back to the on position.

c. "High-V"-Red LED illuminates when a High-V fault occurs in the system. High-V faults can be caused by excessive load, a short in wiring, one of the motors, or in one of the solenoids. If a High-V fault occurs and the High-V LED is illuminated clear the fault before restarting the system. If the circuit breaker tripped when the fault occured the LED will not illuminate. Check conditions that could have cause the circuit breaker to trip. To reapply power turn the circuit breaker off and back on.

d. "Insrtuct"- Green LED illuminates when system is in the insructomat position.

e. "Pin Lights"- Green LEDS illuminate when (1 through 10)pins are standing. Data will come from AMF automatic scoring data or from gripper switches cycle.

f. "Cycle"- Green LED illuminates when the pinspotter is in the continous start.

g. "SWP"- Green LED illuminates when the sweep motor is energized.

h. "S/R"- Green LED illuminates when the sweep motor is energized in sweep reverse.

i. "TBL"- Green LED illuminates when the table motor is energized.

j. "1-Ball"- Green LED illuminates when pinspotter is in first ball cycle.

k. "2-Ball"- Green LED illuminates when pinspotter is in second ball cycle.

l. "Option Set"- Green LED illuminates when an option is being added or deleted.

m. "Instruct (122)"- Green LED illuminates when the insructomat cycle is not used.

n. "Cycle (123)" - Green LED illuminates when in instructomat the system spots pins even without a start signal. SEE "Cycle" option.

o. "SA"- Green LED illumintes when switch "SA" is activated.

p. "SB"- Green LED illuminates when switch "SB" is activated.

q. "TA1"- Green LED illuminates when "TA1" is activated.

r. "TA2"- Green LED illuminates when "TA2" is activated.

s. "OS"- Green illuminates when off spot switch "OS" is activated and will remain until sweep is moved.

t. "GP"- Green illuminates when gripper protect switch "GP" is activated.

u. "Bin"- Green illuminates when bin switch "Bin" is activated.

v. "SRG"- Greem LED illuminates when AMF type scoring is connected.

w. "Options" There are seventeen (20) programable options. The applicable option Green LED will illuminated when a particular option has been selected.

Page 3

5.0 The "Ultra 98 Plus" Options:

The "Ultra98 Plus" is designed to allow the bowling Proprietor and mechanic many useful features and different modes of operating of the AMF Pinspotter. Each option is described below. To select an option press the option set switch until the set LED is on. Next select the appropriate option by entering the three didits shown. Press option select switch until the LED is off and the option is entered and the option LED will illuminate. Remove the option using the same procedure.

a. (122)- INSTRUCTOMAT - The pinspotter will ignore the instructomat instruction. (Run Only Normal Cycle)

b. (121) - Off Spot S/R - The pinspotter will perform a sweep reverse when an off spot condition occurs.

c. 1. (111) - 1ST Ball Only Without Auto Scoring - The pinspotter operates as follows. The sweep drops to the forward gaurd position, pauses for the delay time programmed in the "Cycle Speed", then sweep the deck and spot a new set of ten (10) pins.
    .. 2. (231) - 1ST Ball Only With Auto Scoring - The pinspotter will run a normal 1st ball cycle and then automatically run a 2nd ball cycle.

d. (113) - 9 Pin Strike (233) 8 Pin Strike - The pinspotter will run a strike cycle when only one pin or less is left standing. (Two Pins if programmed for (8) pin strike. Auto scoring must be programmed for 8 or 9 pin strike to work with the scoring.

e. 1. (112) -3RD Ball - The pinspotter will run Two (2) First Ball Cycles and a second ball cycle if pins are left standing. (Two (2) Balls for a strike and Three (3) Balls for a spare. First ball light will not change if pins are standing after 1st ball.
    .. 2. (232) - 3RD Ball - Same as above except One (1) Ball for strike and Three (3) balls for a spare.

f. (123) - Cycle - When the instructomat switch is moved from instructomat to bowl, the pinspotter will set pins and return to first ball.

g. (131) - Foul - The system will not run a foul cycle. However if a foul occurs the foul light and/or alarm will operate normally.

h. (132) - BE - The Back-End Motor to run continually.

i. (211) - Service - Allows the mechanic to start and/or service the pinspotter.

j. (212,213,221,222,233) - Acessory - options are selected by the operator to control (Turn On and Off) any load that does not exceed Two (2) AMPS. Option "223" is for DC power other options are for AC power. An Auxiliary connector has been added to the chassis for wiring those functions. Connector wiring instructions are attached. Accessoryt option 212 closes if a pinspotter cycle is not completed within One (1) minute and will reset itself when the cycle is complete. This may be used for a trouble light.

k. (311) -FAST- The delay time before the table starts downs is approximately 50 percent of the normal time.

l. (312)-Medium- The delay time before the table starts downs is approximately 66.67 percent of the normal time.

m. (312)- NORMAL- The delay time before the table starts downs is as by ABC or as Existing pinspotter delay.

NOTE: An additional connector is installed on the MPU PC Board. This connector is used to communicate with the manager area of the bowling center and allow the options to be selected from the front of the lane at the managers station. This system will also include and additional monitoring and control station atthe mechanic work station.

Page 4

6.0 The Accessory Connections:
    If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Re: "ULTRA "98" PLUS OPERATION INSTRUCTIONS

GO FELIX, GO! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
    I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Page 1 of 4..is complete and this is how I spent my summer vacation [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]
      If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

Page 2 of 4..is complete and this is how I spent my summer vacation

Going To Wangj's tommorrow..(Re-build B.E. Motor)

Friday= AMFDOCTOR from Chicago for a visit.

Sat. Son's Bachelor Party.

Sun. Bowling/ Summer Golf Outing

--------------------

Comment

As always, thanks for the info Felix!

Fever
          I really enjoy the Simpsons. My problem is that I am starting to look like Homer. Doh!!!

Comment

FEVER; Your Welcome.....Anytime!

Comment

Page 3 of 4..is complete.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                      Working...
                      X