Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expander problem?

Have installed several of these mk70 expander boards with no problem's untill now. Lane 13 will not except this uprade at all, for some reason all 4 LED's stay lit as soon as the pinspotter powers up causing no X cycle or 7-10 pick off! have tried a differnt chassis, unplugged table cable to the F/C's and swapped out curtain wall chassis and checked all wiring is correct even changed camera!

Any help would be much obliged.

Hammer

Re: Expander problem?

You have to have the expander wire plugged into the wrong spot on the C23 plug.

Check the wiring again.

I found a wire in the wrong spot from Omega Tek one time.

Use the schematic.....not the colors.

Comment

Thanks King, have checked wiring already even checked again today! i still have the same problem. All LED's are lit when the pinspotter powers up? all as above.

A pinspotter has never beat me yet but im really stuck this time [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

Has anybody ever had a pinspotter just not accept an MK 70 expander?

HAMMER

Comment

Try the expander in a different machine. If the problem moves with the card, then the board may be defective.

Try a board (only) that works in another machine. If the problem persists in the same machine, then it's a mis-keyed pin in the machine interface cable.

Comment

Call Jim !

Comment

ALastair and the Hammer.

Ok. Here's a list of all the things that we have tried, but still no joy! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]

- Swopped out chassis with another working MK70 expanded chassis
            - swopped out camera
            - swopped out camera cable
            - swopped out odd lane J10 cable with C23 plug end
            - swopped out cable from C23 to expander
            - swopped out curtain wall chassis

What are we missing here? What else would make the expander board operate? The power light is on but the four pindication LED's do not light at all! Resulting in no shortened cycles. The data LED is constantly on after the first cycle of the machine.
            Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

Anyone got Jims number?

Comment

Comment

Thanks Jerry.

Comment

Hi Alistair!

I've seen this on one of my boards a long time ago! Turns out that somewhere on the board there must of been a TINY crack, either on a bit of solder or something! If the board was flexed slightly then the board would work fine.

I couldn't spot where this crack or bad conection was on the board so it went away to Stuart at Embassy and all was well!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
                    I'm Brian and so is my wife.......

http://www.badassbowling.com

Comment

Our lane 1 didn't play well with an expander, either. I can't remember what indicators would come on, but as soon as an expander was installed, we'd lose strike cycle and the machine would act weird... all kinds of strange troubles.

Take the board out, tie all the cell wires to the #1 pin, and run with only the MK70 control board, life was good. It doesn't have the fast cycle, 7/10 pickoff or the 10th frame automatic functions, but it runs and scores, so we left it that way. We went through the wiring and chassis several times with the help of 2 other mechanics, a qubica installer, a qubica programmer/center owner, omega-tek support, and AMF tech support... no dice. Can't find a problem... but there's something with the machine side wiring because the problem doesn't move with the XLMP, the chassis or the boards. No idea what causes it.
                      <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Thanks for the replies.
                        G-man - Well it seems like you have the same problem that we do. It is very upsetting. I really want to get to the bottom of this problem! It seems like there must be some machine side wiring from the C23 plug into the pinspotter that must be wired wrongly. You would imagine though that if was the case then some other fault would be aparent. But no, there's not. The only thing left I can think of is to trace the wires from the C23 plug (from curtain wall) into the machine and make sure they are in the same place as a good working expanded machine. There must be something else the expander is working off of. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Let me know if you find anything... I started tracking wires, but never got very far... that particular machine has wires whose colors are so faint that many of them look alike.

Not to mention trying to keep up the maintenance on a 30-lane house with kicker lifts working part time at the bowl, with a full time day job besides, didn't leave much time to get down to the nitty gritty. I got it working, and left it that way.
                          <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Pull the C2 plug out wire by wire and replace it by the book.

Comment

I assume you are talking about the C23 plug and not the C2A?

Don't have any schematics or wiring diagrams for the for the C23 plug into the machine. Wish I did though! Couldn't find anything in the Accuscore manual either.
                              There should be a schematic section on bowl-tech so that if needed you could go pull out the relevent material, download it and print it off. Motors, chassis, pinspotters, ball returns, scoring, etc.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X